The Upland Guide is responsible for guiding and trapping for guests, maintaining the upland farm and equipment, loading birds and dogs as needed, and assisting other guides and trappers with various responsibilities.
- Greeting guests and going over safety precautions and hunting guidelines.
- Catching and boxing birds for hunting trips.
- Preparing dogs for upland bird hunts.
- Maintaining upland hunting equipment.
- Assisting other guides as needed.
- Feeding and watering birds and dogs.
- Must have the ability to work with club dogs.
- Completing a shooting warm up prior to hunting trips.
- Candidate must have the ability to work varying shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Candidate must have previous experience working with shotguns.
- Candidate must have the ability to speak English fluently.
- Previous dog handling or training experience is required.