This position assists access managers maintain clean and safe access areas for the public.
Primary duties include:
- Maintain and clean outhouses including pressure washing, scrubbing toilets and urinals, and rinsing.
- Pickup debris and garbage on access sites.
- Replace signs from 4” x 4” to 4’ x 4’ including unbolting old signs, and ensuring new sign is level, squared, and bolted into
- wires with new strands.
- Make repairs to chain link and barbed wire fences including installing posts and braces, stretching wire, and patching broken
- Vegetation management including hand pulling weeks, mowing with quad, and using a weed whacker.
- Maintain trailers including greasing bearings, tracing shorts in wiring, and rewiring lights and truck connections.
- Assist with boat ramp repairs, replacing broken planks, forming partially broken planks, and using concrete to fill in voids;
- building shoulder of ramps with gravel using shovel and rake.
- Safely use corrosive chemicals and sand blasting equipment to remove graffiti from access site facilities.
- Maintain and make small pressure washer repairs, such as replacing broken or leaking hoses, replacing leaking gaskets, and changing spark plugs.
The successful candidate must be willing and able to:
- Work in all weather conditions and sometimes over difficult terrain and surfaces up to 90% of the time.
- Work Monday – Friday.
- Lift and transport supplies and equipment weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Travel up to 100% of the work day (including occasional overnight trips).
- High school diploma or GED and three months of natural resource related experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in natural resource related labor.
Well qualified applicants will demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
- Safely operate motor vehicles including trucks and 4-wheelers.
- Safely operate hand and power tools and equipment for metal and wood construction repairs and grounds maintenance.
- Accurately maintain a daily log of sites worked at and the time spent at each location.
- Effectively monitor and evaluate public use and overall condition; troubleshoot for appropriate service and apply solutions.
- Understand and comply with health and safety policies, procedures, and standards to establish and maintain a safe work environment; report potential hazards, accidents, or critical incidents in a timely manner.
- Model ethical behavior and demonstrating excellent customer service with the public, other departments, and co-workers.
- Follow directions and details of jobs given; work independently and in remote work areas.