The Director of Client Development is responsible for achieving sales and revenue goals through outbound sales prospecting and supporting the overall sales and product marketing strategies. The Director plans and implements sales programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally.
- Prospect, qualify, cold call, close business, and consultatively sell ideas based on a client’s stated objective.
- Define and manage personal sales goals.
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Plays the key role in selling by targeting major accounts and developing sales strategies to win business.
- Accurately track and forecast sales using an analytical approach.
- Provide recommendations to overall strategic sales plan by monitoring competitive products, staying abreast of emerging sales, marketing and industry related trends and providing feedback from market.
- Manages personal sales/marketing operating budgets.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion and presents to the EVP of Sales and other Executive Team members.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Travel nationally on a consistent basis.
- Lead the development of strong client relationships for upsell.
Desired Skills & Expertise
- 3+ years of sales experience, media sales is highly preferred
- A proven ability to plan, develop and execute tactical sales strategies and deliver results
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in advertising, marketing or business
- An entrepreneurial spirit, passionate about the outdoors and digital media and comfortable presenting their ideas to Senior Management of a large organization.
- Willingness to travel nationally and stay overnight on a consistent basis
- Advertising knowledge is strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and math skills
- Exceptional communication and public speaking ability, communication over the phone is key
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org