The Quality Deer Management Association (QDMA) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Youth Education and Outreach Program Manager. This is a full-time, salaried position based at the QDMA National Office in Bogart, Georgia.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in education, public relations, marketing, journalism, computer science, or a related field and 5+ years of experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the QDMA’s new youth education and outreach program including, but not limited to, the following:
- Creating age-appropriate content for Quality Whitetails, QDMA’s Web site and various social media platforms
- Working closely with QDMA staff and volunteers to maximize program delivery and impact
- Coordinating field program activities such as the National Youth Hunt, leadership camps, convention activities, etc.
- Developing program support materials such as PowerPoint programs and event activity guides
- Securing and fostering program advertisers, donors and sponsors
Skills & Qualifications:
- Prior experience in youth education and/or outreach
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Established background with social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- Web design and/or development skills a plus
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Solid understanding/appreciation of hunting and wildlife conservation
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and able to multi-task effectively
- Ability to pass a criminal background test and secure a valid Georgia driver’s license
- Willingness to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends
Salary / Benefits:
Salary commensurate with skills and qualifications. QDMA offers competitive vacation, health care, and retirement benefits.
Interested applicants will find application instructions at http://www.qdma.com/who-we-are/employment/
QDMA is an equal opportunity employer
Founded in 1988, QDMA is a national nonprofit wildlife conservation organization with 50,000 members in all 50 states and Canada, and several foreign countries. QDMA is dedicated to ensuring the future of white-tailed deer, wildlife habitat and our hunting heritage. To learn more about QDMA and why it is the future of deer hunting, call 800-209-3337 or visit www.QDMA.com.