The Cabela’s King Kat tournament trail will hit the waters of the Ohio River at Gallipolis, Ohio August 13, 2011. This is the opportunity for local catfish anglers to compete for cash, prizes and a chance to advance to the Cabela’s King Kat Classic to be held on the Mississippi River at Burlington, Iowa October 27-28-29, 2011. Be sure to check out our new website at: www.kingkatusa.com. It’s a new site with new and exciting information on our events along with special information for catfish anglers everywhere.
The tournament weigh-in will be held at the Gallipolis City Park Boat Ramp. Tournament hours are 6:30 AM until 3:00 PM. All anglers must be in weigh-in line by 4:00 PM with a 5 fish limit per team. To help preserve the sport only live fish will be weighed in and all fish will be released after the tournament. For a complete list of rules phone or visit our website listed below.
“Please note new rules on registration”
- 1. Late registration will be held the day before competition at specified location from 5-7 pm. Captains Meeting/Seminar will follow at 7pm.
- 2. There will be no meeting, late registration or boat launch the morning of the event. Anglers will be allowed to launch on tournament water at 5am tournament morning. No fishing is allowed until 6:30am.
Late registration for this event will be held at: Super 8, 321 Upper River Rd., Gallipolis, Ohio. To pre-register go on line to: www.kingkatusa.com or call 270-395-6774.
Legal Waters: Anglers may fish the Ohio River from Racine lock and dam South to the Robert C. Byrd lock and dam. Anglers may also fish the Kenawha River down to the Dam at Winfield.
Free Kid’s Fishing Rodeo
Free kids fishing rodeo will be held Saturday, August 13, 2011 at the Bob Evans Farm Pond in Rio Grande, OH. It is free for kids 12 and under. All kids must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Registration will start at 8am, kids fish from 9-11am. Bring your favorite fishing pole and bait! All kids receive a prize for participating and all are registered to win 1 of 6 $2,000.00 college scholarships!
For those interested in watching the large catfish come to the scales here is some information that will be helpful to you! Weigh-in will start at 3pm. Bring a lawn chair, sunscreen, and a camera!!!!!!
Sponsor and Host Lodging
This event will be sponsored by the Gallia County CVB. For more information on the area call: 1-800-765-6482 or visit their website at: http://www.visitgallia.com.
Host lodging for the event will be the Super 8, 321 Upper River Road, Gallipolis, OH 45631. For reservations call: 740-446-8080.
Bonuses for 2011
• Monster Rod Holders Bonus (Qualifying Events): To be eligible for the Monster Rod Holder bonus anglers must have at least 6 Monster Rod Holders on their boat that they competed out of. Monster Rod Holders will pay $200 to the 1st place team.
• Monster Rod Holders Bonuses (At the Classic Event): Monster Rod Holders will pay $1000 to the top placing team of the Classic if they have at least 6 Monster Rod Holders on the boat they competed out of. Also, Monster Rod Holders will award the 3rd place points team a clothing and product package.
• Rippin Lips Angler of the Year -All anglers and/or teams will be competing for points at each event for the right to be crowned “Rippin Lips Angler of the Year”. Anglers will receive points for finish at each tournament (Example -100 pts for 1st,99 pts for 2nd,98 for 3rd,etc.. We will count the top 4 finishes by each angler or team. In the case of a tie, those teams tied will have a fish off at the Classic. The winning angler or team will receive a Rippin Lips Sponsorship. They will get their boat wrapped by Rippin Lips and receive 4 paid entries in 2012 and will be required to maintain that wrap for 2 years. 2nd Place angler/team in the Angler of the Year Race will receive 3 paid entries for the following year and a clothing & product package from Tangling With Catfish. 3rd place in the points race will receive a Monster Rod Holder clothing and prize package.
Catfish clubs and organizations may register with the King Kat Tournament Trail and qualify your top 2 teams from each event to fish in the Cabela’s King Kat Classic for their support in promoting the tournament trail. To register call 270-395-6774 or email at email@example.com.
Cabela’s The World’s Foremost Outfitter , Rebel Yell Bourbon, Evinrude Outboards, Rippin Lips, Minn Kota Trolling Motors, Mustad Hooks-“The Best Selling Hook on the Planet”, Monster Rod Holders, Tanglin with Catfish, Adventure Products- EGO Nets, Vicious Fishing, Humminbird Electronics, USCA-United States Catfish Association, WFN-World Fishing Network, Renegade Tackle, Go Light Inc., Ron Gooding Insurance, JR Mad’s Famous Fish Breading, American Pro Catters and Action Outdoors Products-Catfishing Dream Team.
For entry forms or information on Cabela’s King Kat Trail phone 270-395-6774, fax 270-395-4381 or visit our website at www.kingkatusa.com.