Boater Dwight Fox of Gainesboro, Tenn. caught 10 bass weighing 29 pounds, 6 ounces in the Sept. 10-11 Walmart BFL Mountain Division tournament on the Barren River to win $5,316. Fox was fishing the lower lake with Killer Jigs, Brush Hogs, spooks and buzzbaits.
The remaining top 10 anglers:
- 2nd: Tyler Moberly, Berea, Ky., 10 bass, 27-7, $2,658
- 3rd: Dustin McKinney, Glasgow, Ky., 10 bass, 26-4, $1,774
- 4th: Gary Morrison, Scottsville, Ky., 10 bass, 25-9, $1,240
- 5th: Marty Shelley, Byrdstown, Tenn., 10 bass, 25-8, $1,063
- 6th: Steve Whitaker, Scottsville, Ky., nine bass, 23-7, $975
- 7th: Scott Brummett, Brentwood, Tenn., 10 bass, 23-1, $886
- 8th: Doug Greene, Salyersville, Ky., 10 bass, 22-13, $797
- 9th: Adam Wagner, Cookeville, Tenn., 10 bass, 21-12, $709
- 10th: Tony Worley, Stearns, Ky., eight bass, 20-8, $620
Miles Johnson of Washington Township, Ohio caught 10 bass weighing 21 pounds, 7 ounces in the Sept. 10-11 event to win $2,658 in the Co-angler Division. Johnson was fishing deep water in Peter’s Creek using ½ ounce football jigs to catch his bass.
The remaining top 10 co-anglers:
- 2nd: Michael Couch, Lancaster, Ky., eight bass, 20-3, $1,329
- 3rd: Steven Paul Brown, Gamaliel, Ky., seven bass, 19-7, $886
- 4th: Mark Major, Lancaster, Ky., eight bass, 18-11, $620
- 5th: Kris Mills, Barbourville, Ky., seven bass, 17-6, $532
- 6th: Shane Sparks, Allardt, Tenn., 10 bass, 17-4, $487
- 7th: Lucas Devere, Berea, Ky., 10 bass, 17-3, $443
- 8th: Timothy Minton, Smiths Grove, Ky., eight bass, 16-1, $399
- 9th: Henry Allen, Hazard Ky., seven bass, 15-5, $354
- 10th: Greg Foley, Danville, Ky., seven bass, 14-14, $310
The top 40 boaters and 40 co-anglers based on point standings will qualify for the Oct. 13-15 Regional Championship on Wheeler Lake in Decatur, Ala. Boaters will compete for a top award of a Ranger 198VX with a 200-horsepower Evinrude or Mercury outboard and a Chevy pick-up, while co-anglers will fish for a new Ranger 198VX.
For regular updates, photos, tournament news and more, follow the BFL on Facebook at Facebook.com/BassFishingLeague. For news surrounding FLW Outdoors on Facebook, follow Facebook.com/FLWFishing and on Twitter at Twitter.com/FLWOutdoors.