SEPTEMBER 12, 2011 – Outdoor Industries Women’s Coalition (OIWC) is pleased to announce seven events at the 2011 Interbike show. Most events will take place at the official Women’s Lounge, which will showcase the latest trends in women-specific designs while providing haven from the bustling expo.
Wednesday, Sept 14th:
- “I Ride To Be…”: This Specialized/OIWC event asks, “What motivates you to ride?” Custom design your own shirt. Recommended donation is $15, with all the proceeds going to OIWC.
- Rebecca Rusch Poster Signing: Visit OIWC at the Women’s Lounge to meet world-class mountain bike champion Rebecca Rusch. Rebecca will be signing and giving away free posters, plus will talk about the women’s products she uses, her training, nutrition and motivation.
Thursday, Sept 15th:
- Executive Roundtable Lunch: A unique opportunity to have open discussions with an intimate group of women leaders who share similar challenges. Invitation only.
- Executive Series- The Buying Power of Women: OIWC, NBDA, Trek Women, and Interbike have joined forces to host a 90-minute event focusing on five areas to help companies cater to the female consumer: merchandising to women, marketing to women, selling to women, retention of women customers and how a diverse work force can help you increase your bottom line.
- Leadership Awards: This happy hour event honors the 2011 Pioneering Woman Award recipient Penina Bush of Shimano and First Ascent recipient Rachael Lambert of Specialized.
- Membership Dinner: Join OIWC staff and members for a casual dinner after the Leadership Awards presentation.
Friday, Sept 16th:
- Raffle: Sign up to win a new Trek bike and other great prizes at the 3 pm drawing.
For details or to sign up for the 2011 OIWC Interbike events, please visit www.oiwc.org.
Outdoor Industries Women’s Coalition (OIWC), a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization, is striving towards respect, inclusion and gender equality at all levels in the workplace by providing advocacy, education and resources for women in the outdoor, bike and snowsports industries. To learn more about the OIWC online member community or to become a new member or sponsor, please visit www.oiwc.org.