Cabela’s King Kat Tournament Trail to Hit the Waters of the Monongahela River at Morgantown, West Virginia
The Cabela’s King Kat Tournament Trail will hit the waters of the Monongahela River at Morgantown, West Virginia May 19, 2012. This is the opportunity for local catfish anglers to compete for cash, prizes and a chance to advance to the Cabela’s King Kat Classic. This year’s Cabela’s King Kat Classic will be held at Selma, Alabama September 27/28/29, 2012. Be sure to check out our new website at: www.kingkatusa.com. It’s a new site with new and exciting information on our events along with special information for catfish anglers everywhere.
The tournament weigh-in will be held at the Hazel Ruby McQuain Park, 799 East Brockway Ave., Morgantown, West Virginia. Tournament hours are6:30 AM until3:00 PM. All anglers must be in weigh-in line by 4:00 PM with a 5 fish limit per team. To help preserve the sport only live fish will be weighed in and all fish will be released after the tournament. For a complete list of rules visit our website listed below or phone Cabela’s King Kat Headquarters at the number listed below.
“Please note new rules on registration”.
- Late registration will be held the day before competition at specified location from 5-7 pm. Captains Meeting/Seminar will follow at 7pm.
- There will be no meeting, late registration or boat launch the morning of the event. Anglers will be allowed to launch on tournament water at 5am tournament morning. No fishing is allowed until 6:30am.
- Must be a member of the King Kat Association to fish this event. A one year membership is $25.00.
- Registration for this event will be held at: Ruby McQuain Park. To pre-register go on line to: www.kingkatusa.com or call 270-395-6774.
- Legal waters for the event will be: The Monongahela River from Opekiska Dam to Lock and Dam 4.
Sponsor and Host Lodging for this Event
The Morgantown CVB along with Longview Power in Morgantown would like to welcome all Cabela’s King Kat anglers and their guest to the area and hope they take the opportunity to enjoy the many attractions in the area. For more information on the area call: (800) 458-7373 or visit their website at: www.tourmorgantown.com.