USA Shooting to Attend NRA Annual Meeting
USA Shooting athletes and staff will attend the upcoming National Rifle Association (NRA) Annual Meeting and Exhibits at the America’s Center in the heart of St. Louis, Mo., April 13-15.
The mix of USA Shooting National, Development and Junior Team athletes in attendance will include:
- Amanda Furrer (Spokane, Wash.) – USA Shooting National Team Member in Rifle who competes for Ohio State University.
- John Mullins (Port Orchard, Wash.) – USA Shooting National Development Team Member in Shotgun who finished one target away from qualifying for the 2008 U.S. Olympic Team in Men’s Trap.
- Garrett Walters (Burr Oaks, Mich.) – USA Shooting Junior Team Member in Shotgun who was a 2010 Junior Olympic champion.
- Caitlin Connor (Winnfield, La.) – USA Shooting National Team Member in Shotgun and two-time National Championships medalist in Women’s Skeet.
- Janessa Beaman (Colorado Springs, Colo.) – USA Shooting National Junior Team Member in Shotgun who won two Junior gold medals at the 2011 World Clay Target Championships.
USA Shooting Team members will be present at the USA Shooting booth 2936, promoting the organization’s new Fan Club Membership with a special show package. Athletes will also be present at USA Shooting sponsor booths including Kimber (2923), Winchester (1805) and Ruger (1518). Also, in coordination with GunBroker.com, USA Shooting will have two online auctions taking place featuring the 10,000th commemorative Kimber Team Match II as well as a rare Zombie Max Ammo Plant provided by Hornady. The auctions will go live on GunBroker on Friday.
The NRA Annual Meeting presents a tremendous opportunity for us to tell our story and create a greater understanding of what USA Shooting is about,” said Buddy DuVall, Executive Director of the USA Shooting Team Foundation. “The ability to showcase our athletes to this passionate community and give something back to our partners and support their efforts is very important to our overall mission.”
The 141st NRA Annual Meeting will feature over 500 exhibitors covering 340,000 square feet of exhibit hall space, educational seminars, celebrities, and special events. Exhibits include displays from every major firearm company in the country, an exclusive outfitter section, a gun collector area as well as displays for knives, wildlife art, shooting accessories, hunting gear, ATV’s, and much more.