Pheasants Forever urges its members, upland hunters and sportsmen and women nationwide to call and leave a message for their Senators. Tell them to support the Farm Bill and oppose the four amendments listed below.
All Senate offices can be found here or directly through the Capitol Switchboard (202) 224-3121. Ask your Senator to:
1) Help pass a Farm Bill now. Waiting only serves to increase budget pressures, while pressures on the rural landscape continue to grow. If you contact your Senator via Twitter, use hashtag #FarmBillNow
2) Maintain funding for federal conservation programs such as the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP), which provide key habitat for wildlife. Hunters and anglers spend $76 billion annually to pursue their outdoor activities across the country on lands like CRP.
- #2314, which would repeal the Conservation Reserve Program and the Conservation Stewardship Program
- #2181, which sets income limitations for all Farm Bill program eligibility
- #2313, which would repeal the Forest Legacy Program
- #2293, which eliminates waiver authority to exceed existing adjusted gross income limitations for environmentally sensitive land of special significance
“Pheasants Forever members and supporters can help move a Farm Bill with strong conservation provisions forward, including CRP, which remains the cornerstone of the Farm Bill’s conservation title,” says Dave Nomsen, Pheasants Forever’s Vice President of Government Affairs.
Images courtesy of Pheasants Forever