Residents, hunters and others traveling in the Lima area should be aware of road closures and restrictions implemented by Beaverhead County at midnight last night.
The closures were put in place because of a large group of elk crossing the roads at least twice daily to reach local hayfields. That poses a safety hazard to both the elk and the public (especially considering the opening of general deer and elk season this weekend). The roads impacted include:
- Reeder Road – CLOSED except for local traffic
- West Road – CLOSED except for local traffic
- Chute Canyon (East->West) – CLOSED except for local traffic
- Munday Lane – CLOSED except for local traffic
- Little Sheep Creek –NO PARKING
Closures and restrictions will remain in place until lifted by Beaverhead County.
Logo courtesy Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks