Program open to both FLW- and ACA-affiliated college bass anglers
Opportunities for collegiate bass anglers to turn their passion for fishing and team pride into cash payouts will grow in 2013 as Ranger Cup University announces additional contingency prizes for the upcoming year.
Starting with the 2013 season, each qualified event will feature increased cash payouts. A $250 cash prize will be paid to the Ranger Cup University-qualified team/angler with the highest place of finish in each of the following events:
- Cabela’s Collegiate Big Bass Bash (March 21-23) – Table Rock Lake
- Collegiate Bass Fishing Open (April 18-20) – Kentucky Lake
- FLW Central Conference Invitational (July 27-28) – Detroit River
- FLW Northern Conference Invitational (Sept 14-15) – Chesapeake Bay
- FLW Southeastern Conference Invitational (May 11-12) – Wheeler Lake
- FLW Southern Conference Invitational (Oct 5-6) – Sam Rayburn Reservoir
- FLW Western Conference Invitational (Oct 12-13) – Clear Lake
A $2,000 cash prize will be awarded to any qualified team/angler that wins either major Championship below. In the case that the winning team/angler is not Ranger Cup University qualified, the program still guarantees $1,000 cash to the highest finishing qualified team/angler fishing either Championship event:
- Boat US Collegiate Championship (May 23-25) – Pickwick Lake
- FLW College National Championship (April 19-21) – Beaver Lake
In addition to the overall cash prize at the Championship level, the highest-finishing Ranger Cup University qualified team/angler will also receive automatic entry into the Ranger Cup University Challenge, taking place August 7-8 on legendary Lake Fork, Texas. The event, which will be filmed for an episode of Americana Outdoors on NBC Sports, will pit the highest finishing qualified team from each championship event against one another in an expense-paid tournament on one of the best big-bass lakes in the country.
Ranger Cup University is open to collegiate anglers fishing in either FLW or Association of Collegiate Anglers-affiliated competitions. Signup for Ranger Cup University is free of charge and exclusively for collegiate anglers, regardless of the brand of boat they own. To remain qualified in the program, anglers need only adhere to simple clothing logo requirements. Thanks to partnerships with tournament apparel providers Angler Skins and Gemini Custom Apparel, adhering to clothing logo requirements has never been easier or more affordable. Both companies are offering special discounts exclusively to college fishermen participating in Ranger Cup University.
For complete program guidelines and information on Ranger Cup University, including payout and clothing requirements, go online to www.rangercupuniversity.com
Logo courtesy Ranger Boats