The excitement surrounding outdoor recreation will jump up a notch soon, as the North Carolina outdoors community finds fun, freebies and celebrities at the grand opening celebration for Winston-Salem’s new Gander Mountain store. Special events and appearances are happening all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday, February 8-10, to celebrate the nation’s largest retail network of outdoors specialty stores opening its latest North Carolina location.
“We’re excited to officially open our doors to the countless outdoors enthusiasts in Winston-Salem, and bring Gander Mountain’s thousands of products and great customer service to the region,” said Steve Uline, Executive Vice President of marketing for Gander Mountain. “We’ve put together a fun and informative grand opening weekend that will fit nicely with our new neighbors’ passion for the outdoors and active living.”
The new store is located at 1950 South Stratford Road in Winston-Salem, just off I-40 at exit 189. The attractive exterior design and interior layout of the store reflect Gander Mountain’s new store prototype featuring innovative interior elements, displays and fixtures. The grand opening weekend will include special extended hours, with doors open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday.
Grand opening weekend events and appearances include:
- Jacob Landry and Bruce Mitchell, stars of History’s television series Swamp People will appear Saturday from Noon to 4 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Matt Hagan, 2011 NHRA Funny Car Champion and Rocky Pro-Staffer will appear Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m
- Jamie and Jacob Satterfield, stars of Savage Outdoors, will appear Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Andy Montgomery, an Elite Bassmaster Angler and Strike King Pro-Staffer, will appear Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The first 100 customers through the door at the Winston-Salem location on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will receive a free $10 Gander Mountain gift card.
- The first 250 customers to make a purchase at the Winston-Salem location on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will receive a free Gander Mountain hat.
- Customers can register for a chance to win one of three $500 Gander Mountain gift cards at the Winston-Salem location.
Winston-Salem’s new Gander Mountain features the best selection of gear and accessories for hunting, fishing, camping, boating and archery in North Carolina. The store offers an extensive selection of men’s and women’s active performance outdoor and lifestyle apparel featuring exciting brands like The North Face, Columbia, GSX, Under Armour, Guide Series, Carhartt, Marmot and a wide variety of men’s and women’s active footwear featuring brands like Asics, Merrell, Rocky, Keen, Irish Setter, Teva, New Balance, LaCrosse, Itasca, and Saucony
Logo courtesy Gander Mountain