The South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks Commission has finalized most big-game hunting season dates for 2013 with no changes from 2012.
The commission sets season dates in the early spring to give hunters a chance to plan their fall schedules. The season structure, including license numbers, will be set in coming months.
Season dates for this year include:
- Pheasant, Oct. 19-Jan. 5
- Youth Pheasant, Oct. 5-9
- Resident Only Pheasant, Oct. 12-14
- Grouse/Partridge, Sept. 21-Jan. 5
- Mourning Dove, Sept. 1-Nov. 9
- Fall Turkey, Oct. 1-Jan. 31
- Archery Antelope, Aug. 17-Sept. 27 and Oct. 14-31
- Firearms Antelope, Sept. 28-Oct. 13
- Black Hills Archery Elk, Sept. 1-30
- Black Hills Firearms Elk, Oct. 1-31 and December 1-15
- Archery Deer, Sept. 28-Jan. 15
- Youth Deer, Sept. 14-Jan. 15
- Black Hills Dee, Nov. 1-30
- West River Deer, Nov. 16-Dec. 1
- East River Deer, Nov. 23-Dec. 8
- Muzzleloader Deer, Dec. 1-Jan. 15
Deer and antelope tag allocations, waterfowl, sage grouse, and the mountain lion season, as well as new state laws will be addressed at upcoming commission meetings.
Logo courtesy South Dakota Game, Fish, and Parks