The Hunter Heritage Foundation (HHF) is proud to announce the winners of the Wildlife Industry, Leadership & Development (W.I.L.D.) Awards for 2013. The W.I.L.D. Awards help spotlight the individuals, companies and product innovations that have made a significant, positive impact toward promoting and preserving our American outdoor traditions.
“The W.I.L.D. Awards honor and acknowledge the leadership of individuals and companies that have made a unique and significant contribution during the previous year — either through their actions and community participation or through innovative products and services — that are helping to preserve our outdoor way of life,” says John Meng, president of the Hunter Heritage Foundation. “By showcasing the dedicated stewards within our industry, the W.I.L.D. Awards help promote the industry and help preserve our hunting heritage for future generations, and we’re very excited to congratulate all of winners,.”
The 2013 W.I.L.D. Award winners with their respective categories are:
- Most Innovative New Technology: DNA Retrieval System by GMS
- New Product of the Year: Savage Long Range Hunter
- Outdoor Advocacy Award: Keith Warren, The High Road
- Best Firearm Product: Glock 21 Gen 4
- Best Archery Product: Lumenok New Nock System
- Best Hunting/Ranch Vehicle: Polaris
- Deer Breeder of the Year: 7C’s Whitetails
- Exotic Breeder of the Year: Circle H Ranch, Leakey, Texas
- Best Hunting Ranch/Outfitter: Texas Hunt Lodge
- Private Property Protector of the Year: Macy Ledbetter
- Best Youth Program: Texas Youth Hunting Program
The W.I.L.D. Awards solicited participation from all segments of the deer, wildlife and hunting community. Nominations for the W.I.L.D. Awards were received from HHF supporters, and the top nominations in each category were presented for voting. HHF sponsorship was not required for participation.
Image courtesy Meng & Company