According to media reports on Thursday, President Barack Obama and his advisers are putting the final touches on a proposal that would expand gun-related restrictions without the approval of Congress. The Associated Press reported that the executive action would deal specifically with background checks at gun shows to address the so-called “gun show loophole.”

President Obama has spoken extensively about gun control after the attack in San Bernardino, California, in which 14 people were killed by a married couple with ties to terrorism. In only his third address to the nation from the Oval Office, Obama spoke briefly on Sunday about the threat that terrorism poses to the United States—and the issue of firearms.

“We also need to make it harder for people to buy powerful assault weapons like the ones that were used in San Bernardino,” Obama said in the address. “I know there are some who reject any gun safety measures, but the fact is that our intelligence and law enforcement agencies, no matter how effective they are, cannot identify every would-be mass shooter, whether that individual was motivated by ISIL or some other hateful ideology. What we can do and must do is make it harder for them to kill.”

You can watch that address below:

President Obama also appeared briefly in a video by the gun control advocacy group Everytown for Gun Safety, in which he, numerous other celebrities, and activists called for more restrictive gun measures.

White House adviser Valerie Jarret said the president will review the proposal soon, but did not specify what other measures will be in the executive order.

Image courtesy of the White House

What's Your Reaction?

Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry

26 thoughts on “Obama Prepares New Executive Action on Gun Control

  1. Planet of the Apes – a fully retarded Silver-Back is in the white house making arbitrary laws that affect humans. Who would have ever imagined this could be real?

  2. What we can do and must do is make it harder for them to kill.” Even he could make guns just magically disappear, terrorists who want to do evil will find a thousand and one different ways to kill. They could use knives, pipe bombs, cars, the list goes on. Gun control just disarms the good American people from defending themselves from enemies foreign and domestic.

  3. There were not “powerful assault weapons” used in San Bernardino. There is not “gun show loophole.” This pos needs to go.

  4. But, they’ll still be able to buy suicide vests, IEDs, RPGs and other weapons, right? And, “make it harder for them to kill”? He does realize that people don’t need guns to kill others, or not?

  5. “in which 14 people were killed by a
    married couple with ties to terrorism.”
    —————-

    That’s liberal talk for “ISIS terrorists that murdered a bunch of people in cold blood.”

  6. The United States would continue to accept more refugees from Syria and elsewhere, though “only after subjecting them to rigorous screening and security checks.” -Obama Washington Post Nov. 16

    “I know there are some who reject any gun safety measures, but the fact is that our intelligence and law enforcement agencies, no matter how effective they are, cannot identify every would-be mass shooter, whether that individual was motivated by ISIL or some other hateful ideology.-Obama the article above

    So which is it? Does screening work or not? Just another in the long list of contradictions this clown expects us to swallow.

  7. Be very careful. It all started very quietly in Canada and now look how it is. We don’t even have the right to defend and or protect ourselves or our families up here.

  8. Obozo can’t change or make law, period. His EO’s are useless to the people. They carry ZERO authority and no one is legally bound to obey his bullshit.

  9. Just Exactly Which Guns Laws are We Talking About? The One’s “BURIED” in HR. 562 and HR. 910, were ALREADY PASSED by a 253/117 Vote. NO Executive Action, Order or Referendum was taken…

  10. Sure wish one of the secret service guys would snap. Thanks for the thumbs up Tony. Somebody marked my same comment as spam. No spam here.

  11. I agree up to a certain point. 70% of people in CT who are pro gun can’t stand Gov. Malloy. The other 30% can’t stand the high taxes and health care budget cuts. My point is, most us from the north aren’t all bleeding heart liberals that agree with this gun control nonsense. It’s all a big smoke screen to make the sheep feel safe and to secure the democtstic vote.Politicans try to make it appear that they are doing something about all the shootings. They can’t come out and say they have no way to stop it. So they push nonsensical gun laws.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *