Death cap mushrooms are notorious for causing poisonings and deaths around the world, and they are becoming more common in the USA.

These deadly mushrooms are actually an invasive species that was introduced to California in 1938. Recently the death cap mushroom has been expanding it’s range and between 2010 and 2015, five people died in California and 57 became sick after eating the unassuming greenish mushrooms, according to the California Poison Control System. A single mushroom cap is enough to kill a human being, and they also poisonous to household pets. If you were to eat these unassuming greenish mushrooms by mistake, you wouldn’t know your liver is in trouble until several hours later.

The death cap mushroom looks very similar to caesar’s mushroom and the straw mushroom which are completely safe. If you live in California you might want to avoid picking any mushroom that even remotely resembles the death cap unless you are a mycologist.

What's Your Reaction?

Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *