Images of a new Glock pistol surfaced Tuesday over at TFB. The photos show a sleek updated version of the Glock 17 design. They apparently came from a genuine source with the Indianapolis Metro Police Department, one of the first agencies to receive the new guns.
The new Glock 17M comes with some specific feature upgrades:
- A new tougher finish
- Changes in the rifling
- Longer recoil spring assembly
- Reinforced forward notch for the recoil spring assembly
- A smooth trigger similar to the G42/43
- Flared magwell
- No finger grooves
- Changes in the safety plunger
- Ambidextrous slide release
- Magazines have an extended front lip
- Magazine well cutout
Definitely an evolutionary change with this new Glock. No word yet on civilian availability or pricing. Keep a look out for more information on the 17M and 19M pistols. I imagine that there will be some better photos released as well as a good statement from Glock regarding what changes they made.