Smith & Wesson Corp. has added to the company’s market-leading M&P Shield pistol series with a gun they claim is built for personal protection and everyday carry.
The newest member of the M&P family, the M&P 380 Shield EZ, is chambered in .380 AUTO and is specifically designed to be easy to use, featuring an easy-to-rack slide, easy-to-load magazine, and easy-to-clean design.
Here’s word from Jan Mladek, the General Manager of M&P and Smith & Wesson Brands:
“When we set out to design the M&P 380 Shield EZ pistol, our goal was to deliver an all-around, easy to use personal protection pistol – from loading and carrying, to shooting and cleaning. Throughout the development process, we focused on key areas that customers told us were important – the ease of racking the slide and loading the magazine. With that in mind, we reduced the amount of force required to rack the slide, and developed a magazine that is both easy and efficient to load. We have incorporated both of these new features into the M&P380 Shield EZ pistol, allowing consumers of all statures and strengths the opportunity to own, comfortably practice with, and effectively utilize this exciting new pistol. The new M&P 380 Shield EZ pistol provides an easy-to-use personal protection option for both first-time shooters and experienced handgunners alike.”
M&P 380 Shield EZ pistol features include:
- Easy-to-rack slide for trouble-free manipulation
- Tapered rear slide serrations, providing an easy-to-grasp surface
- Easy-to-load magazine design with load assist button for quick, easy loading
- One-piece, single action trigger for crisp trigger pull with tactile and audible trigger reset
- Windage-adjustable, white dot rear sight
- M2.0 enhanced grip texture optimized to size and .380 AUTO recoil
- Tactile loaded chamber indicator to both see and feel if a round is in the chamber
- Reversible magazine release that’s easily adjusted for left or right hand operation
- Available with ambidextrous manual thumb safety
For more information on the new M&P 380 handgun including more photos and specs, visit their website here.
Smith & Wesson has begun shipping the M&P 380 Shield EZ, and you will likely be able to find them at firearms dealers across the nation by the end of February 2018.