Polaris Unveils 2021 Lineup with Machines for the Outdoor Enthusiast
OutdoorHub Reporters 08.11.20
On the heels of the strongest quarter of consumer demand in its 66-year history, Polaris Off Road continues to demonstrate why it’s the world leader in powersports and off-road innovation with its 2021 model year lineup. Unveiled today, the latest lineup boasts best-in-class products that resonate across the spectrum of riders, from the novice to the expert and everyone in between, who are looking to do more in the outdoors.
Polaris RANGER has been the top choice of farmers, ranchers, hunters, homesteaders and rec enthusiasts for more than a decade. It’s known and valued for its unmatched strength, comfort and capability, and the more RANGER delivers, the more riders ask for the next level. Today, the No.1-selling utility side-by-side, has expanded its offering to include the first-ever RANGER XP 1000 Trail Boss and RANGER XP 1000 Northstar Trail Boss. To further elevate its already industry-leading lineup, RANGER has introduced significant quality and feature upgrades across RANGER 1000, XP 1000 and XP 1000 Northstar models.
The 2021 RANGER lineup is packed with rider-inspired quality upgrades, new premium features and purpose-built limited editions that make it the strongest, most capable and most comfortable RANGER lineup ever. Highlights include:
- Upgraded Clutching – All 2021 RANGER XP 1000 models feature upgraded clutch componentry for 50 percent more durability. Spend more time riding and less time on maintenance with an industry-leading 6,000-mile clutch service interval (three-times longer than the 2020 model year).
- Stronger Front Drive – Polaris has increased front-drive strength by 30 percent on all 2021 RANGER 1000 and XP 1000 models for improved durability. The chassis itself has also been redesigned around the new isolated front drive, making it 15 percent stronger, and suspension durability has been increased by 50 percent so that riders can work and play harder knowing RANGER is up to the task.
- Striking LED Headlights – Standard on Trail Boss and Northstar Ultimate models, LED headlights are also now included in the RIDE COMMAND package on RANGER XP 1000. Extend the day of work or recreation with 90 percent more output than halogens – the most in the industry – for better visibility in low-light conditions.
- 29-inch Maxxis® Tires – Trail Boss and Northstar Ultimate models also feature new 29-inch tires, providing more ground clearance, traction and cornering stability to tackle tough tasks and trails.
- 14-inch Aluminum Wheels – Look good while on the job or on the go with new 14-inch aluminum wheels featuring a machined face for eye-catching style, now standard on all RANGER XP 1000 models for 2021.
- Battery Charging Port – All 2021 RANGER 1000 and XP 1000 models now include a battery charging port easily accessible in the dash to keep the machine ready for work or play regardless of how long it sits in between rides.
- New Accessories – The bold new LED headlights are also available as an accessory upgrade kit for RANGER XP 1000 models, and the kit is compatible with prior model years. Polaris is also offering a geofencing kit for RANGER 1000, enhancing vehicle controllability with speed control down to 4 MPH and the ability to set operating boundaries.
- Premium Colors and Graphics – Polaris RANGER introduced new, premium colors and graphics throughout the 2021 lineup, offering new options for riders looking to upgrade their style.
For riders that simply need more from their utility side-by-side, the first-ever, purpose-built RANGER XP 1000 Trail Boss and RANGER XP 1000 Northstar Trail Boss take capability to the next level. Available in three-seat and CREW models, the Trail Boss limited edition brings more premium features and big work and play capability for riders operating in demanding terrains. Standard equipment includes larger, 29-inch Maxxis® tires while high-clearance arched A-arms and self-leveling rear suspension make the most of the class-leading 14-inches of ground clearance, even when fully loaded. For added confidence on hilly terrain, active descent control (ADC) also comes standard. All four wheels engage for maximum traction and control on descents. To round out the list, striking LED headlights improve visibility and add premium style.
To learn more about the first-ever RANGER XP 1000 Trail Boss or other 2021 RANGER models, visit Polaris.com/RANGER.
Since its introduction in model year 2016, Polaris GENERAL has established itself as the leader of the crossover segment. With its unstoppable performance, unmatched comfort and unrivaled versatility, GENERAL is the perfect no-compromise solution for work, play and everything in between. For 2021, the No.1-selling crossover side-by-side has added to its lineup with the first-ever GENERAL XP 1000 Pursuit Edition. Available in two- and four-seat models, the Pursuit Edition is purpose-built to transport avid hunters and their gear to remote locations and haul their trophy back to camp.
“GENERAL is engineered to be the ultimate side-by-side for outdoor adventurers, and the new GENERAL XP 1000 Pursuit Edition is targeted at hunters looking to elevate their game,” said Chris Judson, Vice President of RANGER, GENERAL and ATV, Polaris. “We’re excited to deliver the ultimate hunt machine and other key upgrades to the GENERAL lineup for 2021.”
The Pursuit Edition is built on the GENERAL XP 1000 platform with added features and style that hunt enthusiasts need and demand. The new Lock & Ride Rear Bed Storage Rack is perfect for packing out big game. It provides two levels of storage and is built to fit a Polaris Northstar cooler in the cargo box while the upper rack carries up to 50 pounds of gear. A Kolpin Stronghold Gun Boot makes it easy to pack away a firearm. Additionally, when heading out or back in low-light conditions, hunters will appreciate the 11-inch Pro Armor light bar mounted to the color-matched front bumper. To complete the package, the Pursuit Edition features the perfect blend of Polaris Pursuit Camo on Stealth Black, Stealth Green and Military Tan graphics with custom seats.
The 2021 GENERAL lineup also brings an eye-catching, painted hood design to GENERAL 1000 Deluxe and GENERAL XP 1000 Deluxe across both two- and four-seat models. Additional rider-inspired upgrades include the following:
- RIDE COMMAND – For the 2021 model year, RIDE COMMAND enhancements include a fully configurable gauge screen plus more accessible points of interest (POI) such as gas stations, restaurants and hotels. Additional improvements include the innovative Follow Mode that lets the group leader leave a digital track for others to follow.
- New Accessories – The new Lock & Ride Rear Bed Storage Rack featured on the GENERAL XP 1000 Pursuit Edition will also be available as an accessory for 2021. Other new accessory offerings include a Lock & Ride fixed glass windshield and track mount kits for GENERAL XP 1000 models.
- Premium Colors, Graphics and Finishes – New premium color options including Burgundy Metallic, Ghost Grey, Matte Military Tan and Super Graphite are now available. Additionally, all models receive upgraded, semi-perforated seating surfaces for 2021.
To learn more about the first-ever GENERAL XP 1000 Pursuit Edition or other 2021 GENERAL models, visit Polaris.com/GENERAL.
Polaris Sportsman, the No.1-selling automatic 4×4 ATV, has sold more than 1.6-million vehicles. For 2021, it has unveiled the all-new Sportsman 450 H.O. and Sportsman 570, taking its best-selling lineup to the next level. This new generation of Sportsman is the smoothest, strongest and most versatile value ATV – the perfect choice for riders of all experience and skill levels. From the Sportsman 450 H.O. to the purpose-built Sportsman 570 Ultimate Trail and Utility HD limited editions, the new platform features a variety of trims and packages to meet every rider’s need and style, along with 24 all-new accessories that take customization to the next level.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2019 sales of $6.8 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including TransAmerica Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com.