Denver, CO – NOV. 2, 2011 – With her rod, reel and bikini packed, Mariko Izumi is once again traveling the globe in pursuit of fishy adventures on Hookin’ Up with Mariko Izumi on WFN: World Fishing Network, North America’s only 24-hour fishing lifestyle network. Beginning on November 7, at 7:30 pm ET, and airing every Monday night thereafter, Mariko shows viewers how to have fun on their next fishing vacation. For a schedule and more information, visit www.WorldFishingNetwork.com/hookinup.
This season begins with a three-part episode highlighting Mariko’s Alaskan adventure. On consecutive Monday nights — November, 7, 14 and 21 — viewers can live vicariously through Mariko as she experiences much of what Alaska has to offer both on and off the water. Highlights from the three-part show include: fly-in fly fishing; offshore salmon fishing; shrimping; crabbing and more.
Hookin’ Up with Mariko Izumi follows the world’s sexiest angler on her journey to meet the coolest people in some of North America’s classic fishing villages. Whether she’s wetting a line with some of the best anglers or partying at the wildest hotspot, Mariko’s inviting style offers viewers a fun and fresh look at each destination.
Here’s a sneak peak at the first seven shows on tap for this season:
- Nov. 7, 14, 21 – Alaska: Part 1 – Silverking –Mariko is on the water without a professional to help her along and gets to know local Ketchikan artist Ray Troll. Part 2 – Cedars — Mariko is hangin’ with both young and old in Ketchikan and embarks on a couple of adventures including fly-in fly fishing and offshore salmon fishing. Part 3 – Cloverpass — It’s all about salmon on this trip as Mariko takes Ketchikan locals on a fishing adventure and switches things up with her Hookin’ Up crew.
- Nov. 28 – Nicaragua – Mariko and her fishing buddy, Lauren, are on an exotic adventure centered on taking in the rich culture and freshwater tarpon fishing.
- Dec. 5 – Nashville – Mariko does it all in Nashville, including fly fishing for bass and playing the “girl who likes to fish” in Craig Campbell’s music video “Fish.” Here’s a look at the video
- Dec. 12 – Manitoba – In the beautiful province of Manitoba, Mariko is slammin’ walleye and going after those slimy, whiskery catfish.
- Dec. 19 – New Brunswick – Mariko finds herself working harder than she’s ever had to for a coveted game fish in New Brunswick.
Hookin’ Up with Mariko Izumi once again serves as the lead-in to WFN’s “Big Bass Monday,” one of the Network’s primetime theme nights — two-hour blocks of themed programming dedicated to all aspects of the pastime, airing nightly, 8:00 pm-10:00 pm. ET. The six “WFN Theme Nights” this season are: Big Bass Monday; Fly Fishing Tuesday; Offshore Wednesday; Inshore Thursday; Freshwater Friday; and World Fishing Saturday.
About WFN: World Fishing Network
WFN: World Fishing Network is the only 24/7 television network dedicated to all segments of fishing with programming that covers instruction, tips, tournaments, travel, food, boating, outdoor lifestyle and more. WFN’s wide-ranging programming lineup includes primetime theme nights, a selection of the best international series and the most diverse species coverage of any TV channel. Featuring popular programs hosted by the world’s top anglers, WFN offers a variety of exclusive lifestyle shows including; Hookin’ Up with Mariko Izumi, Reel Fishy Jobs with Mark Melnyk, Lost Lake and Getting School’d with JP DeRose. The beauty of WFN’s programming is available in 100 percent stunning High Definition. WFN’s multimedia platform includes a mobile portal, WFN Fishing Log (fishing app for the iPhone and iPad) and a robust fishing website.
Originally launched in December 2005, today WFN and WFN HD are available in more than 30 million households through North American cable, satellite and telecommunications distributors including; DISH Network, Charter Communications, Comcast, Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-verse, Bright House Networks, Cabelvision and more. For more information, visit www.WorldFishingNetwork.com.