Minneapolis, MN – FLW has announced the 2012 National Guard FLW College Fishing schedule along with paybacks, rules and entry information. Collegiate anglers can begin registering Monday, Dec. 12, at 10 a.m. Central time at CollegeFishing.com.
Next season college clubs will receive 100 percent of the payout at qualifying and regional events. The payout for qualifying tournaments will be $5,000 for first place down to $1,000 for fifth place. At the regional championships, the first-place team will win a Ranger 177TR equipped with a 90-horsepower Evinrude or Mercury outboard engine, and fifth place will win $3,000.
The national champions will win a prize package worth $100,000 – $50,000 plus a Ranger 177TR equipped with a 90-horsepower Evinrude or Mercury outboard engine for the bass club and $25,000 for the school they represent. For complete payout tables and a map of updated regions, visit CollegeFishing.com. Tournaments are free to enter, and teams will continue to receive travel allowances based on the distance traveled to the tournament.
Teams are allowed to bring five fish to weigh-in, regardless of which team angler caught them. Every effort must be made to keep bass alive. However, if a fish is checked in dead, an 8-ounce penalty will be deducted from the team’s total weight.
College Fishing consists of five divisions – Central, North, West, South and Southeast. Each division will consist of four one-day qualifying tournaments and a regional championship. The regional championship dates and locations will be announced at a later time.
- March 3 Table Rock Lake Kimberling City, Mo.
- May 12 Kentucky Lake Gilbertsville, Ky.
- June 24* Lake Shelbyville Shelbyville, Ill.
- July 28 Mississippi River La Crosse, Wis.
- June 16 Kerr Lake Henderson, N.C.
- July 21 Lake Champlain Plattsburgh, N.Y.
- Aug. 5* Tanner’s Creek Lawrenceburg, Ind.
- Aug. 18 1000 Islands Clayton, N.Y.
- Jan. 21 Lake Okeechobee Okeechobee, Fla.
- March 24 Lake Seminole Bainbridge, Ga.
- April 21 Santee Cooper Manning, S.C.
- May 5 Lake Guntersville Guntersville, Ala.
- Feb. 4 Lake Amistad Del Rio, Texas
- Feb. 26* Sam Rayburn Lufkin, Texas
- April 1* Lake Eufaula Eufaula, Okla.
- June 2 Toledo Bend Many, La.
- Jan. 28 Lake Shasta Redding, Calif.
- Feb. 25 Lake Havasu Lake Havasu City, Ariz.
- March 31 California Delta Oakley, Calif.
- April 28 Clear Lake Lakeport, Calif.
- National Championship
- April 13-15 Lake Murray Columbia, S.C.
Next year’s National Guard FLW College Fishing National Championship will be held April 13-15, 2012, on Lake Murray in Columbia, S.C., and will be hosted by the University of South Carolina. The winning team will qualify for the Forrest Wood Cup, the world championship of bass fishing, which will be held Aug. 9-12, 2012, on Lake Lanier in Duluth, Ga.
To be eligible to compete, students must be enrolled as full-time undergraduates at a four-year institution on the date of the tournament or the preceding semester in the case a tournament is held during summer session. There is no entry fee and boats are provided, although a club may choose to use its own boat. Each qualifying event will accept up to 40 teams, with the top five teams advancing to their respective regional championship. The top five teams from each regional championship advance to the national championship.