Five Sponsor SHOT Show University Educational Seminars for Firearms Retailers
Newtown, CT — Five industry sponsors have signed on to support the popular SHOT Show University educational seminars for federally licensed firearms retailers at the 2012 Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade Show (SHOT Show).
Supporting the sold-out program are North American Hunter, Mil-Comm Products Co. Inc., National Association of Sporting Goods Wholesalers (NASGW), Winchester Ammunition and Gun Club of America (GCA).
“We are extremely grateful for the support provided by these companies and organizations that will help make SHOT Show University a valuable educational experience for so many firearms industry professionals,” said Randy Clark, NSSF’s managing director of business development.
The SHOT Show is owned by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the trade association for the firearms, ammunition, hunting and shooting sports industry, and is produced and managed by Reed Exhibitions. The show is the largest of its kind in the world, attracting nearly 60,000 attendees and more than 1,600 companies exhibiting firearms, ammunition, outdoor apparel, law enforcement, optics, cutlery and related products and services.
Educational opportunities for firearms retailers such as SHOT Show University have long been a part of SHOT Show. Recently, seminars have been added for the law enforcement community as well.
The five sponsors are
- North American Hunter: A multi-species hunting magazine, North American Hunter is written for the passionate and engaged hunting enthusiast and outdoorsman. The magazine provides the latest tactics, tips, hunting techniques, conservation updates and new products. Its digital and social properties include www.HuntingClub.com, InsideTrack E-newsletter, and Facebook.com/HuntingClub; North American Hunter TV on the NBC Sports Network; and the North American Hunting Club.
- MIL-COMM Products, Co, Inc. manufactures the TW25B line of military-grade, extreme performance gun-care products, including the newly launched NRA Licensed Gun Care System line of lubricant/protectants and cleaners (www.nraguncare.com). MIL-COMM recently introduced its new, non-solvent MC50 bore cleaner and will debut a unique new aerosol cleaner-lubricant product, REVOLVER BLAST, for revolvers and tightly fitted gun parts at this year’s SHOT Show.
- NASGW: This national organization comprises wholesalers, manufacturers and independent sales reps, all of whom are primarily involved with hunting and shooting sports equipment and accessories. The group organizes and sponsors the NASGW Annual Meeting/Expo Event, which provides educational, marketing and communications opportunities for sellers and buyers of hunting and shooting sports-related equipment.
- Winchester Ammunition: The company’s rich heritage dates back to 1866 and includes the taming of the American West, the Allied Forces’ victory in World War II and helping sportsmen and women create many fond memories made in the great outdoors. Known as “The American Legend,” Winchester takes pride in the production of sporting, law enforcement, military and personal defense ammunition. Winchester continues to raise the bar with new products like Blind Side waterfowl, PDX1 Defender personal defense ammunition and Razorback XT, a tough bullet for tough boars.
- Gun Club of America (GCA): A subsidiary of the American Gunsmithing Institute, GCA is a fraternity for people who love firearms. GCA provides information about firearms, online forums and special events such as Gunstock, a three-day gathering where fellow gun enthusiasts can meet national firearms experts and manufacturers, attend educational seminars and more.
In recognition of their support, the sponsors’ logos will be prominently displayed at the SHOT Show University seminars.
SHOT Show University will take place on Monday, January 16, the day before SHOT Show begins. The SHOT Show will run January 17-20 at the Sands Expo Convention Center in Las Vegas. Learn more about SHOT Show University and SHOT Show.