Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation to Support the ACUI 44th Annual Intercollegiate Clay Target Championships
Shelby Township, MI – The Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation (SSSF) along with the Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) announced its plans today to support the ACUI 44th Annual Intercollegiate Clay Target Championships scheduled to be held March 27 thru April 1, 2012 at The National Shooting Complex in San Antonio, TX.
SSSF/SCTP has committed to over $450,000.00 to support the event.
SSSF/SCTP will contribute:
- $2,000.00 endowment for every collegiate team that participates in the 2012 ACUI Collegiate Clay Target Championship
- $4,000.00 of additional endowment money if the collegiate team is registered as a SCTP affiliated Team making that a total of $6,000.00 in endowment money.
- $3,000.00 of endowment money for division 1, 2 and 3 for each of the six disciplines for a first place team.
- $2,000.00 of endowment money for division 1, 2 and 3 for each of the six disciplines for a second place team.
- $1,000.00 of endowment money for division 1, 2 and 3 for each of the six disciplines for a third place team.
The events SSSF/SCTP will participate in are: American Trap, American Skeet, Sporting Clays, 5-Stand, Bunker Trap and Olympic Skeet.
“Over the past year, the SCTP Directors of Development across the United States have been focused on organizing several very successful Intercollegiate Clay Target Regional Championships,” said Jon M. McGrath, Chairman of the Foundation. “We look forward to helping promote the 2012 44th Annual ACUI Intercollegiate Clay Target Championship in San Antonio as well.”
The Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation (SSSF) is responsible for all aspects of the Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) across the United States, including participant registration, coaches, state coordinators, state and national championships, promotion, communications, websites, public relations and growth strategies. The Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation exists to raise funding and other resources for Youth Development Programs in the shooting sports industry.
SCTP is a youth development program where adult coaches and volunteers model sportsmanship, responsibility, honesty, ethics, integrity, and team work while using shooting sports programs to teach these and other positive life skills to SCTP athletes.
To learn more about SCTP call (586) 737-0805 or visit their website at www.shootsctp.org.