First-Annual Three-State Reciprocal Snowmobile Weekend in New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine Scheduled for Jan. 27-29
Concord, NH – Snowmobile enthusiasts will have a chance to explore some new territory the weekend of January 27-29, 2012 (Friday through Sunday), during the first-ever annual New Hampshire-Vermont-Maine reciprocal snowmobile weekend.
Following are the ground rules for the weekend:
- All snowmobiles legally registered in Vermont and Maine will be able to operate on New Hampshire trails during the three-day open weekend. All other New Hampshire laws and rules regarding the operation of snowmobiles must be adhered to, such as speed limits, youth operation standards, etc.
- All snowmobiles legally registered in New Hampshire will be able to operate in Vermont and Maine during the reciprocal weekend. All other Vermont and Maine snowmobile laws and rules must be complied with, including Vermont mandatory liability insurance and youth requirements.
In addition to a law that passed in 2010 for the Vermont/New Hampshire reciprocity weekend, a new law passed in 2011 includes Maine in the three-day weekend, which will occur annually on the fourth weekend in January (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) provided that our neighboring states continue to participate.
For information on snowmobiling in New Hampshire, visit:
- N.H. Fish and Game Department at http://www.ride.nh.gov
- N.H. Bureau of Trails at http://www.nhtrails.org
- N.H. Snowmobile Association at http://www.nhsa.com
For information on snowmobiling rules in Vermont, visit http://www.vtvast.org/VAST/VT-Snowmobiling/Vermont-Laws.html.
For information on snowmobiling rules in Maine, visit http://www.maine.gov/ifw/laws_rules/snowlaws.htm.