Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program Recognizing 75 Years of Wildlife Conservation and Partnership Success
- Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- National Shooting Sports Foundation
- Nevada Department of Wildlife
- Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
- Green Top Sporting Goods, Richmond, Virginia
- Kim Rhode, Sport Hunting Olympic Gold Medalist
WHEN: Tuesday, January 17, 2012
WHERE: The Press Conference Room, #3306, Venetian Hotel, Level 3, Las Vegas, Nevada
TIME: 10:00am-11:00am PST
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service) joins the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies (AFWA), and other partners at the 2012 SHOT-SHOW to announce the start of a yearlong celebration of the 75th anniversary of the Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program (WSFR), one of the most significant and successful partnership approaches to fish and wildlife conservation in U.S. history.
The anniversary brings together federal and state fish and wildlife agencies; the hunting, shooting, angling, and boating industries; and conservation groups to mark a milestone of partnership success that has led to 75 years of quality hunting, fishing, shooting, boating and wildlife-related recreation. The occasion also marks the beginning of a new era in wildlife conservation, during which the partners will establish new goals for sparking awareness, fostering and maintaining partnerships to continue conservation and outdoor recreation into the next 75 years and beyond.
For more information about the WSFR program and its 75th Anniversary in 2012, visit:
- Facebook: http:///www.facebook.com/WSFR75
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/wsfr75