Eco Trailblazer Greenloons Suggests Five Eco Vacations Families Can Enjoy Over Upcoming Spring Breaks
Vienna, VA — Green and sustainable travel trailblazer Greenloons http://www.greenloons.com/ suggests five eco vacations for a family-oriented spring break that range from seven to 11 days and that are accessible by domestic and short international flights. These tours ranging from the granite monoliths of Yosemite to the Monarch butterflies of Mexico represent adventures that have been flagged as authentically green.
Irene Lane, Greenloons visionary founder, consults with carefully vetted tour providers on details of these and similar sustainable family excursions worldwide showcasing each on the Greenloons website, http://www.greenloons.com/.
“Spring break is more than just an opportunity for relaxation, it can be a chance to educate youngsters about wildlife conservation and community empowerment, all the while having a fun and unique family experience!” says Lane.
These are Lane’s top recommendations for spring break travel 2012:
- Yosemite Park & Napa Valley (7 days) – Wildlife, camping, Yosemite and paddling the Russian River in Sonoma wine country keep families close to the land while combining adventure and cultural diversity along with great value. Begins in Las Vegas and ends in San Francisco, from $849 p.p. double.
- Costa Rica Highlights Wonders (7 days) – Specially designed for the first-time visitor to Costa Rica, families will experience ecotourism luxury at its best. Activities include hiking through La Paz Waterfall Gardens and Arenal Volcano National Park, rafting down the Pacuare River and relaxing at a beach resort near the Manuel Antonio National Park. Begins and returns to San Jose, from $1,200 p.p. double.
- San Diego, Grand Canyon & Vegas (8 days) – A guided city tour incorporates Coronado Island and Balboa Park and the rest is pure action, except for relaxing on Mission Beach. Think boogie boards or optional surf lessons, the Imperial Sand Dunes, Montezuma Castle and scenic Oak Creek Canyon. After Red Rock and Slide Rock state parks, the adventure continues to the Grand Canyon for hiking and a sunset dinner at the rim. Starts in Los Angeles and ends in Las Vegas, from $949 p.p. double.
- Kayak Belize (8 days) – Enjoy island-hopping off the coast of Belize and explore the second-largest barrier reef in the world. Paddle Belize’s turquoise waters, soak up the sun, snorkel, and explore the cays just off the mainland. Begins and returns to Belize City, from $1,549 p.p. double.
- Mexico Monarch Butterfly Trail (10 days) – For the nature lover who also appreciates cultural luminescence, this quirky butterfly adventure will give families unique insights into the people and mariposas of Mexico. Travel through national parks, colonial towns and rural countryside following the migration of the monarch butterfly. Begins and returns to Mexico City, from $1,199 p.p. double.