Video: EOTech Unveils Holographic Sight with Magnifier at 2012 SHOT Show
OutdoorHub Reporters 01.18.12
EOTech was on site at the 2012 SHOT Show Media Day to take a moment to explain in detail about the holographic sight with magnifier, displayed on the FN SCAR .308 rifle. EOTech products are used largely in part by the military. A spec ops operator that spent time in Afghanistan gave his testimonial about the sights, “As for the sights, well… the best way to put it is… they are like cheating. Really, those things are the best tool that I have. It is so fast and easy to acquire that it’s idiot proof. You don’t lose the reticle in the bright light (the Aimpoints are terrible for that) and the dot is super easy to acquire.” (From the EOTech website)
Some quick facts of the EXPS 3-2 sight mentioned in the video below are:
- Single transverse 123 battery to reduce sight length
- Shortened base only requires at most 2 3/4 inch of rail space compared to the 4 inch N battery sights
- Battery cap and latch are eliminated and replaced with a simple O-ring, tethered cap; better sealing is achieved
- Battery compartment is now separated from the base to allow it to hover over the delta ring of the rifle
- Average battery life at brightness level 12 is roughly 500-600 hours, 3X battery life of N cell sights
- Reticle options: 65 MOA circle with two 1 MOA aiming dots
- Side buttons, NV compatible with a single quick detach throw lever
EOTech representative John Bailey discusses the features of holographic sight, magnifier, weapon light and more in this short video.
About EOTech: EOTech was acquired by L-3 Communications in 2005 and is now the sixth largest defense company in the United States supplying arms largely for the military. They also supply guidance and navigation products and systems, sensors, scanners, fuzes, data links, propulsion systems, avionics, electro optics, satellite communications, electrical power equipment, encryption products, signal intelligence, antennas and microwave products.