The American Deer & Wildlife Alliance (ADWA) is proud to announce the winners of its 2011 Wildlife Industry, Leadership & Development (W.I.L.D.) Awards. The ADWA is a non-profit organization working to promote the deer and wildlife industry and the W.I.L.D. Awards help spotlight the people, businesses and products that have made a significant, positive impact.
“The spirit of the W.I.L.D. Awards is to recognize leading innovative approaches in products and to acknowledge the leadership of individuals in growing our industry,” says John Meng, president of the American Deer & Wildlife Alliance. “By showcasing dedicated stewards within our industry and the most innovative products, the W.I.L.D. Awards will promote the industry and help preserve our American outdoor traditions for future generations.”
The 2011 W.I.L.D. Award winners with their respective categories are:
- Most Innovative New Technology: Dr. Deer Management System by GMS
- New Product of the Year: Moultrie Game Spy I-35
- Best Optics: Nikon
- Outdoor Advocacy Award: Keith Warren, Deer & Wildlife Stories
- Best Firearm Product: Remington Model 700
- Best Archery Product: Mathews Z7 Xtreme
- Best Hunting/Ranch Vehicle: Bad Boy Buggies
- Deer Breeder of the Year: Laurie Seale, Maple Hill Farms, Wis.
- Exotic Breeder of the Year: Circle H Ranch, Leakey, Texas
- Best Retailer of the Year: Cabela’s
- Best Hunting Ranch/Outfitter: Champion Ranch, Colorado City, Texas
- Private Property Protector of the Year: U.S. Sen. Mike Crapo, Idaho
- Legislator of the Year: U.S. Rep. John Carter, 31st Congressional District, Texas
- Best Youth Program: Texas Youth Hunting Program
- Wildlife Stewardship Award: Flagler Ranch, Mountain Home, Texas
The W.I.L.D. Awards solicited participation from all segments of the deer, wildlife and hunting community. Nominations for the W.I.L.D. Awards were received from ADWA members and supporters. The top three nominations in each category were presented for voting, and ADWA membership was not required for participation.