East Coast Offroad Racing Series (ECORS, www.ecors.com) announces 2012 racing series, with its first race to be held at The Flats in Marion, NC, on March 17, 2012.
Watch the race LIVE on Saturday starting at 8:00 a.m. EDT on www.NC4x4.com.
“ECORS is excited to visit McDowell County again for 2012 as the local community has been extremely welcoming and a major contributor to the success of the event at The Flats. The Rock Corps 4×4 Club has been outstanding to work with and have helped us bring this event back and make it even better than last year,” said ECORS co-founder Rob Klinger.
In its third season, ECORS is a traveling, endurance racing series that will be hosting five races at various Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) destinations in the Southeast in 2012, including North Carolina, Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee. Each class of vehicle runs separate courses depending on difficulty and has a designated amount of time to complete a pre-determined amount of laps.
The Flats, managed by Rock Corps 4×4, is a private, 45 acre OHV park located in Marion, NC. Upgrading the park specifically for ECORS racers and offroad rock crawlers, this year’s event will host more than 50 racers and more than 800 spectators.
Endurance Race Series Classes
- Class A – “stock” type 4×4 vehicles such as Jeeps, trucks and other SUVs. Sponsored by IronMan4x4fab.
- Class B – “modified” 4×4 vehicles derived from production vehicles that have been heavily modified to trail and race performance. Sponsored by Carolina Truggies.
- Class C – “unlimited” class where nearly any modification is acceptable. Typical vehicles in Class C consist of custom built 4×4 buggies or extremely modified production vehicles. Sponsored by NC4x4.
- Class U – UTV/side-by-side vehicles.
- March 17, 2012 – The Flats, Marion, NC
- May 19, 2012 – The Great American Park, Auburn, AL
- July 7, 2012 – Durhamtown Plantation, Union Point, GA
- August 25, 2012 – Devil’s Playground, Silver Valley, NC
- October 27, 2012 – Windrock, Oliver Springs, TN