Rêves de Montagne (mountain dreams) will welcome its first guests in December 2012 after a careful restoration period that lasted over two years. British couple Karen and Andy Wilson fell in love with this ancient Savoyard farmhouse that dates back to 1746 and through sympathetic and stylish renovation they have created truly special retreat.
The chalet sleeps up to 14 guests and caters for individuals and couples as well as families with its two family suites with separate bedrooms and family bathroom. All other bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms with a separate bath and shower. All bedrooms have super king sizes beds and have their own balconies. The chalet also has an enormous hot tub just off the 82m² living area.
Food and wine is taken very seriously and a professional chef is employed to ensure every meal is served at the very highest standards. A four course evening dinner is accompanied with a selection of carefully chosen French wine, many of them local to the region. A selection of fine wine and Champagne is also available from the cellar including a special ‘Discovery’ list of unusual beverages including less well known grape varieties from hidden corners of France’s extensive wine regions.
The resort of Samoëns is part of the fourth largest ski area in France, Le Grand Massif, which also includes Flaine, Les Carroz, Morillon and Sixt-Fer-a-Cheval, offering over 265km of piste and huge areas of off-piste skiing. It’s one of the closest ski areas to Geneva airport with the drive being approximately one hour by car.
The village of Samoëns is the only ski resort in France to have the title, ‘Monument Historique’ (National Heritage Site) and the charming old centre provides an alternative to the major commercial ski resorts that dominate mainstream tourism.
- Rêves de Montagne opens its doors to guests on December 22 for the very first time.
- It sleeps up to 14 people in comfort, 10 adults and 4 children.
- Prices start from €900 based on two people sharing a room (€1,400 New Year week).
- Prices include airport transfers, four course evening meal with wine, cooked breakfast, afternoon tea and cakes, Champagne and canapés on arrival, in-resort transport, one day of ski hosting and two afternoons of babysitting.
- Other facilities free to use for guests include, HD television with Blu-Ray, X-Box and Sky, DVD’s games and books, Wi-Fi.
- All timber within the chalet is either from sustainable sources such as FSC or is old timber recycled.
- All food is locally sourced and organic where possible.
- Children of all ages are very welcome and specifically catered for.