Bold Ideas Texas, the Licensed Manufacturer of the CCR Colt Competition Rifles, is proud to introduce two new CSR Colt Sporting Rifles, the CSR-1516 and CSR-1518. Immediately available to the consumer market, the CSR-1516 and CSR-1518 Colt Sporting Rifles are ideal choices for sportsmen, target shooters, and hunters alike due to their superb accuracy and reliability. Both models are chambered for 5.56 x 45mm NATO (.223 Remington) and are designed to handle 50 grain to 77 grain bullets.
“As the popularity of our line of Colt Competition Rifles continues to grow, we are happy to bring these two new performance-priced models to our customers,” said Annie Foster, Director of Sales and Marketing for Bold Ideas Texas. “Whether shooting tight groups at the range or competing in 3-gun matches, these new Colt Sporting Rifle models offer reliable performance at a price anyone can afford.”
Built on forged mil-spec-alloy receivers, the CSR-1516 and CSR-1518 feature Match-Grade Colt-branded chrome-moly steel barrels, button-rifled with a 1-8″ RH twist, and air-gaged for quality. For corrosion-resistance, all CSR barrels are finished in matte-black manganese phosphate. Each CSR rifle comes with a 12-inch float-tube handguard with a top-mounted 7-slot accessory rail, a Colt-branded finger-groove rubber grip with integral beavertail, and a Colt Match-Target Trigger with a crisp 6 lb release. Each Colt Sporting Rifle ships with one 30-round magazine.
The CSR-1516 weighs less than 6-1/2 pounds with a quality 16-inch mid-weight barrel, and measures 32.75 inches retracted and 36 inches extended. The buttstock is a Colt-branded 6-position adjustable carbine stock in an improved M4-style. The MSRP for the CSR-1516 is $990.
The CSR-1518 weighs less than 7 pounds with an 18-inch mid-weight match-grade barrel, and measures 34.75 inches retracted and 38 inches extended. The buttstock is a Colt-branded 6-position adjustable rifle stock with a wide ambidextrous cheek rest for comfort and improved shootability. The MSRP for the CSR-1518 is $1,049.
- Colt-Branded Match-Grade 4140 Chrome-Moly Steel. Proof-Fired & Proof-Marked. Air-Gaged Bore & Chamber
- 6 groove Button-Rifling
- 1 in 8″ R.H. twist Barrel Rifling optimized for 50 gr. to 77 gr. Bullets
- Chamber Accepts Factory-Loaded NATO-stamped 5.56x45mm Ammo & SAAMI Spec .223 Ammo
- 16″, Mid-Weight Barrel, ~ 0.750″ Diameter, Finished in Black Manganese Phosphate
- Muzzle Attachment is a Standard Flash Suppressor. Barrel Threaded 1/2″ Dia. – 28 TPI
- Colt-Branded Adjustable Carbine Stock. 6-Position. Improved M4-Style. Two Sling-Swivel Attachment Hard-Points
- Pistol Grip is a Colt-Branded Finger-Groove Grip with Integral Beavertail. Rubber Over-Molded
- Colt Match-Target Trigger. Nickel-Teflon Coated. Breaks at ~6 lbs
- Bold Ideas Low Profile Gas Block, Machined from Solid Steel. Carbine-Length Port Location
- Standard Charging Handle
- Standard Bolt & Bolt Carrier. Military Diameter (~ 1.148″ Dia.) Receiver Extension Tube (“Buffer Tube”)
- Upper Receiver is Forged Alloy, with Fired-Case Deflector. 13-Slot Picatinny Rail on Slick-Side Flat-Top Receiver
- Lower Receiver is Forged Alloy, with Integrally-Forged Enlarged Trigger Guard
- 12″ Float-Tube Handguard
- Top-Mounted 7-Slot Accessory Rail at 12 o’clock Position. Fits at 3, 6, 9 or 12 o’clock
- 1 Year Warranty
- Ships with a Colt Sporting Rifle Safety & Instruction Manual. Colt-Branded Safety Padlock. Chamber Plug
Logo courtesy Bold Ideas Texas/ Colt Competition