Martin Truex Jr., driver of the #56 Toyota Camry and two-time Nationwide Series Champion, will make a special appearance Wednesday, Oct. 9 to celebrate the grand opening of the Bass Pro Shops Outpost in Utica, N.Y. Utica’s Evening for Conservation begins at 6 p.m. and after the ribbon-cutting ceremony, Truex, an avid hunter and conservationist, will be available to sign autographs in the store.
The Evening for Conservation, which is free and open to the public, is held from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Oct. 9 at the Riverside Center located at 710 Horatio Street. This event will feature several other celebrities including:
• “World’s Best All Around Shooter,” competitive shooter Doug Koenig
• RedHead pro hunting team members Jerry Martin and John Paul Morris
• Bass Pro Shops/Tracker Marine pro team member Ott DeFoe
• 2013 Miss New York USA, Joanne Nosuchinsky
• Legendary angler and television host Jimmy Houston, of “Jimmy Houston Outdoors.”
Autographs are available from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and visitors are encouraged to receive only one autograph per celebrity.
Officials scheduled to attend the Evening for Conservation and ribbon-cutting ceremony include:
• Bass Pro Shops Founder Johnny Morris
• Bass Pro Shops Director of Conservation Martin Mac Donald,
• City of Utica Mayor Robert Palmieri
• Bass Pro Shops Store Manager Joe Chaney
What makes the Evening for Conservation special is the fact it’s a fundraising event designed to assist conservation efforts. For every dollar spent during the Evening for Conservation, 50 cents will be donated to the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation’s “More Fish” campaign to conserve fish and their habitats.
In addition, the National Wild Turkey Federation, Quality Deer Management Association, Ducks Unlimited, and the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation will be on hand Wednesday evening. They will have booths and displays set up to create awareness about their ongoing conservation efforts. In addition, the Ducks Unlimited booth will be selling Coca-Cola® products for $1 and National Wild Turkey Federation booth will offer hotdogs for $1.
After the doors open, everyone is invited to enjoy a special preview of the store. The grand opening celebration, which continues through Sunday, Oct. 13, includes special exhibits and storewide savings on a huge assortment of products. Experts on fishing, hunting, boating and more will be available to talk with customers. In addition, factory representatives from the industry’s top manufacturers will be on hand to answer new product questions.
Store visitors can take advantage of the following giveaways throughout the grand opening weekend:
• Thursday, Oct. 10 – First 200 customers will receive a Bass Pro Shops gift card ranging in value from $5 to $100 in a logo tin.
• Friday, Oct. 11 – First 200 customers will receive a Bass Pro Shops commemorative, limited edition fishing lure.
• Saturday, Oct. 12 – First 200 customers will receive a commemorative Utica Bass Pro Shops’ bag
• Sunday, Oct. 13 – First 200 customers will receive a Bass Pro Shops’ commemorative limited edition fishing lure.
There are also opportunities to register and win a $50, $100 or a $200 gift card to be given away after the event.
The store offers the area’s largest selection of top-quality gear for fishing, hunting, camping, boating and marine. Bass Pro Shops also offers equipment for hiking, backpacking, outdoor cooking and more. Shoppers will find outdoor apparel for men, women and children along with a selection of outdoor, casual and athletic footwear. A gift and nature center includes a wide variety of outdoor-related items from lamps and dishes to bird feeders and furniture.
For more information about the Utica Bass Pro Shops Outpost, visit www.basspro.com/utica or visit https://www.hightail.com/download/bWJyNnFCZ1A1R044SjhUQw for general downloadable video footage of Bass Pro Shops stores.
Logo courtesy Bass Pro Shops