The EB2 Backup—a higher-output, two-battery version of the EB1 Backup—is a compact, dual-output flashlight designed as a backup light for patrol officers or as a primary light for plainclothes officers. It is also ideal for outdoor, self-defense, and everyday-carry use.
The EB2 Backup features a virtually indestructible LED emitter and a precision Total Internal Reflection (TIR) lens that creates a blinding, far-reaching beam. These rugged lights are constructed of high-strength aerospace aluminum that has been Mil-Spec Type III hard anodized and O-ring sealed to protect against the elements. Powered by two 123A lithium batteries, these smoothly contoured flashlights are easy to handle and minimize potential clothing snag.
This useful dual-output light comes in two versions: a click-type tailcap switch or tactical tailcap switch. To activate the EB2 with a click-type switch, just press or click the tailcap pushbutton once for the tactical-level 500-lumen high beam that can reach deep into the night or overwhelm an aggressor’s dark-adapted vision. Return to off and press or click again within two seconds to activate the 5-lumen low beam, useful for navigating, loading gear, and other tasks that don’t require a lot of light. With the tactical tailcap version of the EB2, press for momentary-on low, press farther for momentary-on high, and twist the tailcap for constant-on activation at either level.
SureFire EB2 Backup flashlights are powerful, lightweight, compact, long running and easy to handle making them perfect for professional or personal use. These lights also come with SureFire’s high-strength steel two-way clip. This permits the securing of the light, head up or down, in a pocket or it allows it to be secured to the bill of a cap for hands free operation.
All EB2 models are available in black or tan and have an MSRP of $235.00. All are available for purchase through authorized SureFire dealer’s, calling SureFire at 800-828-8809 or going online at www.surefire.com
Features and Benefits:
- Two output levels—high for maximum light, low for extended runtime
- Two tailcap switch options: click-on/off or press-for-momentary activation/twist-for-constant-on
- TIR lens produces tight beam with reach and enough surround light for peripheral vision
- Coated, tempered window resists impact and maximizes light output
- Two-way clip permits light to be carried head up or down, or clipped to a hat brim or bill
- Weatherproof O-ring and gasket sealing
- Powered by two included 123A lithium batteries with 10-year shelf life
- Backed by SureFire’s No-Hassle Promise
Image courtesy SureFire