Hornady Manufacturing, an industry leader in bullet and ammunition technology, is proud to announce a comprehensive lineup of new and technologically advanced products for 2014. These ammunition and reloading products, along with the new Hornady® Security™ products, will be available from stocking dealers, major retail sporting goods stores, and their websites. Dealers can be found by visiting the Retail Locator on hornady.com.
Hornady Security RAPiD Safe:
The RAPiD safe is a revolutionary concept in firearm protection that combines intuitive ease of access with safety and security.
- FAST, TOUCH-FREE ENTRY: The RAPiD safe is the first to use patent-pending Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) for instant access. Simply place the included RFID bracelet, card, or key fob over the reader, and the RAPiD safe springs open to present your handgun.
- CHILD-RESISTANT DESIGN: Designed to exceed the ASTM International performance standards for youth resistant firearms containers, the RAPiD™ safe provides a high level of child resistance and unauthorized access protection.
- MULTIPLE ACCESS OPTIONS: The RAPiD safe can be opened with the RFID bracelet, card, or key fob, or with a personally programmed code. It is also accessible with a conventional key lock.
- KEEPS HANDGUNS SAFE AND READY: AC power provides round-the-clock protection, and includes a battery backup that may be used as a primary power source. Upon opening, the internal RAPiD sleeve presents your handgun at the perfect angle.
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION: The RAPiD safe weighs over 15 pounds, and features wrapped, 16-gauge steel construction and a heavy-duty ¼” steel dual-lug locking system. A 1,500 lb.-rated cable secures the safe to an immobile object for additional theft protection. Exterior measurements are 15½” x 9″ x 3½”, and interior dimensions are 11″ x 8″x 3″.
Hornady Security ArmLock Box & TriPoint Lock Box
The ArmLock Box and TriPoint Lock Box are ideal choices for concealed-carry permit holders. Designed to exceed ASTM International performance standards for youth resistant firearms containers, the ArmLock Box features the patent-pending TriPoint locking system that secures the lid at three points of contact.
The ArmLock Box features a patent-pending ArmLock system that includes a 1/8″ laser cut, steel shackle that adjusts to fit around objects up to 3½” in diameter.
The TriPoint Lock Box provides affordable security, a patent-pending TriPoint locking system, and a security cable rated to 1,500 lbs. Access to the TriPoint Lock Box is controlled by a barrel lock and key, and the interior is padded to protect firearms and valuables from damage.
BOTH PRODUCTS FEATURE
- Heavy-duty construction, with 16-gauge steel that exceeds the strength of 20-gauge steel typically found in competitor products
- Designed to exceed ASTM standards for child resistance and protection from unauthorized access
- Designed to meet TSA requirements for handgun security in luggage
- Industry first, patent pending TriPoint™ locking system features 3 points of contact
- Three, ½” wide steel locking lugs
- Padded interior
Lock-N-Load Control Panel
The Lock-N-Load Control Panel allows reloaders to better manage their progressive reloading presses. An easy-to-read digital display with multiple sensors includes programmable alarms for primer quantity level, powder hopper level, and primer slide check. The Powder Safeguard Die checks straight-walled cartridges from 380 to 45 caliber for powder charges, and halts the reloading stroke when a no-charge or double charge is detected. The LED panel calculates press strokes, and alerts the user when a sensor detects a low primer/powder level or other issue.
- The Standard Control Panel includes digital readout panel, wire harness cycle counter and primer slide sensor.
- The Deluxe Control Panel includes digital readout panel, wire harness cycle counter and primer slide sensor, powder level sensor and Powder Safeguard Die.
- The Powder Safeguard Die, primer level sensor, and the powder level sensor are also sold individually.
- Some Control Panel components are also compatible with other progressive reloading presses.
Powder Safeguard Die
The Powder Safeguard Die checks straight-walled cartridge cases from 380 to 45 caliber for no-charge and double charge powder drops. The reloading charge is physically halted if an error is detected, allowing the user to correct the charge. When used in conjunction with the Lock-N-Load Control Panel, the user is alerted of incorrect powder levels on the digital display. The Powder Safeguard Die is also compatible with other reloading presses using 7.8-14 die threads.
Lock-N-Load Rifle Bullet Feeder
The Rifle Bullet Feeder turns progressive reloading presses into bench mounted ammo factories. The new Lock-N-Load® Rifle Bullet Feeder is the latest accessory designed for the Lock-N-Load AP reloading press. Sold as a complete unit for 22 caliber bullets, a conversion kit for 30 caliber bullets is also available, giving the reloader the versatility to load the two most popular calibers. It is also compatible with other presses, and uses industry standard 7.8-14 die threads.
When coupled with the Lock-N-Load Case Feeder, the Rifle Bullet Feeder provides dramatic increases in efficiency, and boosts reloading speed by up to 50%.
Since the Bullet Feeder Die is case activated, the bullet will only feed upon contact with the case. One station is used to feed, seat and crimp the bullet.
Custom Lite Rifle Ammunition
Hornady Custom Lite ammunition provides 25%-40% reduced felt recoil and muzzle blast for kids, women, and any shooter looking to keep recoil to a minimum while still enjoying the use of their favorite rifle. Loaded with either the Hornady SST or InterLock bullet, Custom Lite ammunition delivers less felt recoil and a modified trajectory that still provides accurate, deadly, and dependable performance.
- 243 Win
- 270 Win
- 7mm-08 Rem
- 7mm Rem Mag
- 30-30 Win
- 308 Win
- 30-06 Springfield
- 300 Win Mag
Custom Lite Shotgun Slugs
Hunters now have a reduced-recoil alternative with the new Custom Lite 20 gauge and 12 gauge Shotgun Slugs. These loads are ideal for youth, women or anyone looking to tame the recoil of their rifled barrel slug gun, with 25% to 40% (20 gauge and 12 gauge respectively) less felt recoil compared to standard 20 and 12 gauge options.
American Whitetail Slugs
Designed for fully rifled barrels, Hornady American Whitetail Slugs are loaded with 325-grain Hornady InterLock bullets. A hollow point serrated design initiates rapid expansion upon impact, and a tough, lead alloy core is lethal out to 200+ yards. The rigid polycarbonate sabot ensures accuracy capable of taking the biggest Midwestern whitetails.
Critical Duty 357 Sig
The 357 Sig is the latest addition to the Hornady Critical Duty line of ammunition. This load meets FBI established protocol standards for penetration and terminal performance through all FBI test barriers.
The FlexLock bullet features the Hornady exclusive Flex Tip technology that enhances barrier protection and prevents clogging for terminal performance. A massive jacket-to-core InterLock band locks the jacket and core together for high weight retention. Plus, the Critical Duty line features low-flash propellants and nickel-plated cartridge cases with sealed primers and case mouths.
20 Gauge Heavy Magnum Turkey
The new 20 gauge addition to the Heavy Magnum Turkey ammunition lineup further expands the options available to turkey hunters. The three-inch, 20 gauge option is loaded with 1 3.8 ounces of #5 nickel-plated lead shot. The thickest nickel-plating in the industry minimizes shot deformation, which reduces fliers and dense pellet patterns.
Patterning is controlled via a Versatite wad, which typically patterns best with an improved cylinder or modified choke. The wad strips cleanly from the pellets in flight without disruption, resulting in a shorter shot string that delivers more collective energy on impact. At 1200 feet per second, the 20 gauge Heavy Magnum Turkey load allows hunters to achieve lethal results out to 50 yards.
More information on these and other new products can be found by visiting http://www.hornady.com/new-products.
Logo courtesy Hornady