This fall, the Alabama Division of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries (WFF) invites hunters to submit their photos to the Division’s Facebook page. There are three photo categories: Youth, depicting kids under age 16 with their harvested doe or buck; Ladies, depicting women age 16 and older with their harvested doe or buck; and Big Bucks, depicting hunters of any age or gender with their harvested buck (no point minimum).
In each category, the photo can be taken by anyone, but the person in the photo must be the person who harvested the deer. Deadline for entries is February 11, 2014. Photos with the most “likes” in each category will be showcased on the WFF Facebook page.
To submit a hunting photo, send it to Traci.Wood@dcnr.alabama.gov and include “Facebook Photo” in the subject line of the email. Please include your name, address, phone number and where the photo was taken. If there is a story associated with the photo, please include it in the email; it may better the chances of earning more “likes” on Facebook.
Some criteria to consider when submitting your images:
- Keep it clean: limit or hide graphic aspects of the image such as blood and wounds.
- Submit photos only from the current hunting season.
- Photos must be from deer harvested in Alabama.
- Photos may be submitted throughout deer season, but the deadline for entries is February 10, 2014.
- By entering your photo you grant WFF permission to post the photo, name, location and story associated with the photo.
Join WFF in celebrating your hunting experience and submit your hunting photos today.
The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources promotes wise stewardship, management and enjoyment of Alabama’s natural resources through five divisions: Marine Police, Marine Resources, State Lands, State Parks, and Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries. To learn more about ADCNR, visit www.outdooralabama.com.
Logo courtesy Alabama Division of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries