Dallas Safari Club 2014 Convention and Expo Set for Jan. 9-12
Dallas Safari Club 11.05.13
Texas’ biggest showcase of hunting, sporting and outdoor lifestyles, the Dallas Safari Club (DSC) convention and expo will kickoff a new year of adventure Jan. 9-12.
The event offers 2014’s first opportunity to shop for hunts with top outfitters from around the globe. Displays also include world-class sporting gear, firearms, art, collectibles, entertainment, seminars, auctions and more. Together, attractions cover the space of nearly nine football fields.
Open to the public, the expo will be held at the Dallas Convention Center. For registered attendees, additional events, galas, awards and fundraisers will be held at the Omni Hotel Dallas.
Details are available at www.biggame.org.
“It’s all to raise money for conservation, education and hunter advocacy efforts worldwide,” said DSC Executive Director Ben Carter. “Our convention and expo now generate over $1 million a year for wildlife habitat, research, law enforcement, youth programs and legislative initiatives. Attending our show is another way that hunters support conservation both at home and abroad.”
About 41,000 people attended the event in 2013 and Carter is expecting more in 2014.
Daily admission is $20 per person. Multi-day and family discount packages are available.
- For the first time ever, Weatherby Foundation International will present its prestigious Weatherby Award in conjunction with the DSC convention and expo.
- Presentations of the esteemed Conklin Award, Capstick Award and others.
- Exhibits from top conservation organizations, outfitter associations and Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept.
- Biologists working to conserve rhino populations are hoping for record funding when DSC auctions a rare black rhino-hunting permit on behalf of the Government of the Republic of Namibia. All proceeds will go to Namibia for rhino initiatives. Hundreds of other hunts, trips, artworks and more also will be auctioned to support conservation efforts around the world.
- Daily seminars by authorities in hunting, conservation, wildlife management and more.
- American Custom Gunmakers Guild exhibits, demonstrations and member events.
- Special attractions in a section of the show called “Upland County” with Quail Coalition.
- Unique taxidermy exhibits throughout the expo hall.
- Public-welcome, volunteer-driven, family-friendly atmosphere—all for a great cause.
Sponsors for the 2014 DSC convention and expo include Midway USA, Blaser USA, Inc., Boyt Harness Company, Capital Farm Credit, Carl Zeiss Sports Optics, LLC, EuroOptic, Ltd., Hornady Manufacturing, Ruger Firearms, Rungwa Game Safaris, Shikar Safaris, Sovereign Bank, Sports Afield, The Hunting Consortium, The Wildlife Gallery, Tracking Point, Trijicon, Inc. and Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A.