International Training Inc. to Teach One Day Tactical Carbine Course at Virginia Facility on December 7th, 2013
International Training, Inc. ( ITI), a training company of G4S GS, and providers of benchmark security training programs to the U.S. Government, U.S. Military and corporate America, is teaching a One Day Tactical Carbine Course at its Virginia Facility on December 7th, 2013.
The Tactical Carbine course was developed for students who are familiar with the operation of the carbine rifle. This course will enhance fundamentals and safe handling of semi-automatic AR-15 style rifles. Students will be given the foundation for marksmanship skills required for target engagements in a tactical environment. The skills required to make a precision shot will be based on time, distance and shooter capabilities. Students who complete the course will have a better understanding of tactical employment of the rifle and ways to continue improving these skills.
The following topics will be taught in the course:
- Firearms Brief
- Range Operations and Safety Brief
- Sight-In Procedures, zeroing
- Loading, Unloading, and Reloading Procedures
- Managing and Clearing Malfunctions
- Carry Position: High vs. Low Ready
- Positional Shooting
- Close Proximity Shooting
- Multiple Shots and Multiple Targets
- Shooting While Moving
Training will commence at 8:30 am with classroom instruction and will end at 5:00 pm with practical exercises. There will be a one hour lunch break included. Upon completion of the 8 hour course, students will receive a certificate.
Students are required to bring:
- 500 Rounds of Rifle Ammunition
- Carbine Rifle in good operable condition
- (3) or More Magazines
- Optical Sight (Optional)
- Belt (Sturdy), Protective Vest with Magazine Pouches or LBE
- Weapon Cleaning Kit (with Oil)
- Eye and Ear Protection (clear and shaded lens recommended)
- Elbow and Knee Pads (Optional)
- Gloves / Hat (baseball style)
- Rain or Inclement Weather Gear
- Sunscreen (non-greasy or water resistant)
ITI recommends that students wear comfortable shoes (no toeless), long pants and a long sleeve shirt (weather dependent).
The cost of the course is $150 for U.S. Government employees and $166 for civilians. A minimum of 10 registered students is required to run the course with a maximum of 12 students.