An all-star cast that reads like a ‘who’s who’ in the world of sports, entertainment and the great outdoors joins together to help Bass Pro Shops celebrate a spectacular Evening for Conservation, Wednesday, Feb. 19, at 6 p.m. at the new Hooksett Bass Pro Shops Sportsman’s Center. The event will kick off the store’s grand opening celebration that will continue through Sunday, Feb. 23.
Celebrities scheduled to appear and sign autographs Feb.19 include:
- Former NHL center for the Boston Bruins, Bob Sweeney
- Former right fielder for the Red Sox 1998-2006, Trot Nixon
- Cast members of National Geographic Channel’s “Wicked Tuna” TV show, Bruce and Paul Hebert
- Former Bassmaster Angler of the Year, 4-time Bassmaster Elite Series winner, host of “Timmy Horton Outdoors” TV show, Timmy Horton
- RedHead Pro Hunting team members, Bob Foulkrod, Jerry Martin, and Rob Keck
- 2013 Miss New Hampshire, Samantha Russo
Legendary angler and television host Jimmy Houston, of “Jimmy Houston Outdoors” will serve as emcee for the event.
Musical entertainment for the evening will be provided by the bluegrass band, “Ryan Brooks Kelly.” Max, the official mascot of the Manchester Monarchs, will make a special appearance.
Located at 2 Commerce Drive in Hooksett, the 139,000-square-foot store will officially open its doors for a preview celebration during the fundraising event and ribbon-cutting ceremony Wednesday, Feb.19 from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
For every dollar spent during the Evening for Conservation, 50 cents will be donated to the Wildlife Heritage Foundation of New Hampshire, Wetland American Trust of Ducks Unlimited, and the Wonders of Wildlife, The American National Fish and Wildlife Museum.
Local conservation groups and agencies on hand Wednesday evening will include the Quality Deer Management Association, Ducks Unlimited, National Wild Turkey Federation, National Rifle Association, Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation, New Hampshire Wildlife Federation, Wildlife Heritage Foundation of New Hampshire, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, and Trout Unlimited. They will have booths and displays set up to create awareness about their ongoing efforts and local projects. In addition, the National Wild Turkey Federation will be selling Coca-Cola® products for $1. Monies collected for those sales will go directly to National Wild Turkey Federation.
Special displays throughout the event include:
- RCR’s #3 NASCAR Nationwide Series Bass Pro Shops car and the Bass Pro Shops #14 Sprint Cup Series show car Feb. 19-23.
- King of Bucks mobile exhibit featuring the most distinguished array of trophy white-tailed deer mounts Feb. 19-23, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Bass Pro Shops, named as one of the “Top 10 Hottest Brands in America” by Advertising Age magazine, will continue to celebrate its 66th store’s grand opening Thursday, Feb. 20 through Sunday, Feb. 23. The store will open at 8 a.m. Thursday and at 9 a.m. (normal opening hours) Friday and Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday.
The celebration includes special exhibits, storewide savings on a huge assortment of products, and fantastic giveaways. Experts on fishing, hunting, boating and more will be available to talk with customers. In addition, factory representatives from the industry’s top manufacturers will be on hand to answer new product questions.
- Thursday, Feb. 20 – First 200 customers 18 years of age or older will receive a Bass Pro Shops gift card ranging in value from $5 to $100 in a logo tin.
- Friday, Feb. 21 – First 200 customers will receive a Columbia Trail Summit beanie.
- Saturday, Feb. 22 – First 200 customers will receive a commemorative Hooksett Bass Pro Shops’ logo drawstring bag.
- Sunday, Feb. 23 – First 200 customers will receive a Bass Pro Shops’ commemorative limited edition fishing lure.
Visitors can also register to win a $50, $100 or a $200 gift card to be given away after the event.
The store offers the area’s largest selection of quality gear for fishing, hunting, camping, boating and marine. Bass Pro Shops also offers equipment for hiking, backpacking, outdoor cooking and more. Shoppers will find outdoor apparel for men, women and children along with a selection of outdoor, casual and athletic footwear. A gift and nature center includes a wide variety of outdoor-related items from lamps and dishes to bird feeders and furniture.
Known for providing a fun outdoor experience indoors, a typical Bass Pro Shops retail store features more than 3,500 antiques and artifacts, up to 400 trophy fish and wildlife mounts, and many murals depicting local scenes.
Free Bass Pro Shops outdoor skills workshops will be offered throughout the year on a regular basis and will include topics such as outdoor cooking, nature photography, fly fishing, camping, archery and more. Bass Pro Shops is widely recognized for their efforts in conservation and outdoor education.
Bass Pro Shops will host more than 116 million people visiting their 83 stores and Tracker Marine Centers across America and Canada this year. The average customer stays two and a half hours and drives an average distance of 50 plus miles. The company also has been named by J.D. Powers & Associates as one of the top eight retailers in America for customer service excellence.
For more information about the Hooksett Bass Pro Shops Sportsman’s Center, visit http://www.basspro.com/hooksett
Logo courtesy Bass Pro Shops