The University of Georgia Takes BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship
The 9th annual BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship has wrapped up with the University of Georgia taking the title in convincing fashion. Finishing in 2nd and 3rd respectively were the teams from Tennessee Tech University and The University of North Alabama. This is the University of Georgia’s second National Championship having won their first on Lake Lewisville in 2010.
The team of Byron Kenney and William Treadwell, from Georgia, caught over 49 pounds of fish in two days beating 160 other schools from across the nation.
The rest of the top ten is listed below and for a complete list of teams and how they finished click here.
- 2nd Tennessee Tech University – Anderson/Arms
- 3rd University of North Alabama – Anderson/Harrison
- 4th University of North Alabama – Roberson/Horne
- 5th Bethel University – Ross/Swims
- 6th Mississippi State University – Atkins/Galloway
- 7th University of Alabama – Appaluccio/Kirkley
- 8th Bethel University – Parker/Roberts
- 9th Georgetown College – Huff/Hunter
- 10th Auburn University of Montgomery – Nummy/Strock
Over the coming weeks we’ll share insight on complete patterns from several of the top teams, including the winners, how they caught them, what the event means to them and a recap of all the behind the scenes information.