Forty hours of unmatched bowhunting programming and the premiere of “The Round Table” with Stan Potts, Tim Wells, Andy Ross and Kyle Wieter on Sept. 19 highlight network schedule
It isn’t quite bowhunting season until Sportsman Channel and Dick’s Sporting Goods’ annual Bownanza has begun. Viewers get a week of 50 episodes, including four action-packed primetime nights of bowhunting programming, September 16-19 at 7 p.m. ET during the heart of archery season. In addition to new episodes to get the adrenaline pumped, a first of its kind discussion with some of today’s expert archers – “The Round Table” – premieres on Friday, September 19 at 7 p.m. ET featuring Stan Potts, Tim Wells, Andy Ross and Kyle Wieter discussing their skills with stick and string.
Sportsman is leading the bowhunting television category by presenting top talent like Randy Newberg, Mike Hanback, David Blanton, Chris and Casey Keefer, Fred Eichler and Curt Wells in their shows: Fresh Tracks with Randy Newberg, Big Deer TV, Realtree’s Monster Bucks, Rival Wild, Easton Bowhunting and Bowhunter TV.
“Sportsman Channel is the leader in bowhunting TV and we’ve added even more episodes – 50 in all – this year, showcasing this rising class of hunter,” said Graig Hale, vice president of business development for Sportsman Channel. “Our hosts are well-known experts in their field who not only are passionate about bowhunting, but are willing to share their experiences – like the new ‘Round Table’ discussion on September 19 with Potts, Wells, Ross and Weiter. These gentlemen are at the top of their game and consistently pushing the limits of what it means to be a bowhunter.”
“Bownanza” kicks off on Tuesday, September 16, as the stick and string takes over seven episodes, punctuated by a one-hour special of Major League Bowhunter at 7 p.m. and new episodes of Realtree’s Monster Bucks at 8 p.m. and Savage Outdoors at 10 p.m. On Wednesday, September 17 and Thursday, September 18, the stalk continues for another four hours starting at 7 p.m. both nights.
And all that adventure is a precursor to Full Draw Fridays – TV’s only night completely dedicated to bowhunting – on September 19, which boasts a full line-up of captivating shows beginning with “The Round Table” at 7 p.m. Already the home of the best bowhunting lineup on television, this night’s slate includes brand-new episodes from top series like Relentless Pursuit (8:30 p.m.) and Name the Game (9 p.m.).
“Bownanza” Special Programming: All times are Eastern.
Tuesday, September 16, 7–11 p.m. ET
- Major League Bowhunter – One-hour special, 7 p.m.
- Realtree’s Monster Bucks – 8 p.m.
- Major League Bowhunter – 8:30 p.m.
- Rival Wild – 9 p.m.
- Whitetail Properties – 9:30 p.m.
- Savage Outdoors – 10 p.m.
- Brad Farris’ Game Plan – 10:30 p.m.
Wednesday, September 17, 7–11 p.m. ET
- Whitetail Fix presented by Bear Archery – 7 p.m.
- Hallowed Ground Outdoors – 7:30 p.m.
- North American Whitetail – 8 p.m.
- Destination Whitetail – 8:30 p.m.
- Mathews Dominant Bucks – 9 p.m.
- BuckVentures – 9:30 p.m.
- Big Deer TV – 10 p.m.
- Adrenaline Junkies – 10:30 p.m.
Thursday, September 18, 7–11 p.m. ET
- The Western Hunter – 7 p.m.
- Full Draw Adventures – 7:30 p.m.
- MeatEater – 8 p.m.
- Meet the McMillians – 8:30 p.m.
- The Outfitters Built by Ford F-Series – 9 p.m.
- Federal Premium’s Fresh Tracks with Randy Newberg – 9:30 p.m.
- The Zone – 10 p.m.
- The Prieferts – 10:30 p.m.
Friday, September 19 – Full Draw Friday – 7–11 p.m. ET
- The Round Table – One Hour Special – 7 p.m.
- Bowhunter TV – 8 p.m.
- Relentless Pursuit – 8:30 p.m.
- Name the Game – 9 p.m.
- Midwest Whitetail with Bill Winke – 9:30 p.m.
- Easton Bowhunting – 10 p.m.
- American Rebel – 10:30 p.m.
To find Sportsman Channel in your area click here.
Logo courtesy Sportsman Channel