Arkansas’s first and second active Quail Forever chapters take flight in the same week
Efforts focused on restoring Arkansas’s bobwhite quail populations—a species once abundant and perched near the top of game hunted in the state—received a major jolt with the formation of two new Quail Forever chapters in northern Arkansas. Joining the action to bring back bobwhites are the Arkansas River Valley Quail Forever chapter and the Northeast Arkansas Quail Forever chapter, initiated to restore quail habitat and to provide local youth the opportunity to learn about upland conservation and the outdoors.
“People in northern Arkansas are passionate about their quail and upland traditions. The chapters we now have in place are already working together to impact the quail populations in their area and in the state,” stated John Wallace, Quail Forever’s regional representative for Arkansas, Louisiana, and Missouri. “The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission (AGFC) has been instrumental and very supportive in getting these chapters off the ground. They like the model Quail Forever offers and are looking to help out in any way that they can to grow the interest in quail and other small game in a state known for its ducks.”
The two new Quail Forever chapters in Arkansas will take advantage of Quail Forever’s unique model of empowering chapters with 100 percent control of their locally-raised funds to complete habitat and youth education projects in the their own communities. For more information about Quail Forever in Arkansas, to join a chapter or inquire about starting a chapter, contact John Wallace at (937) 459-8085 / email.
Arkansas River Valley Quail Forever Chapter
- The Arkansas River Valley Quail Forever chapter has elected Kyle Shaffer of Russellville as president, Warren Schrepfer of Russellville as treasurer, Shannon Crow of Atkins as habitat chair, and Zack Redell of Russellville as youth/education chair.
- The chapter will hold its next meeting on Monday, October 13 at 7:00 p.m. at the AGFC Regional Office at 1266 Lock and Dam Rd, Russellville, AR 72801.
- The chapter covers Pope, Yell, Johnson, and Conway counties. For more information, contact Kyle Shaffer, at (479) 970-7150 / email@example.com.
Northeast Arkansas Quail Forever Chapter
- The Northeast Arkansas Quail Forever chapter has elected Clay Counts of Jonesboro as president, Brad McPherson of Cardwell as treasurer, Heath Garner of Jonesboro as habitat chair, and Blayne Schrepfer of Jonesboro as youth/education chair.
- The chapter will hold its next meeting on Thursday, October 23, at 7:00 p.m. at the AGFC Regional Office at 600-B East Lawson Rd, Jonesboro, AR 72404.
- The chapter covers Clay, Craighead, Greene, and Mississippi counties. For more information, contact Clay Counts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jared Wiklund (651) 209-4953
Logo courtesy Quail Forever