Olin Corporation is a manufacturer concentrated in three business segments: Chlor Alkali Products, Chemical Distribution and Winchester. Chlor Alkali Products, with nine U. S. manufacturing facilities and one Canadian manufacturing facility, produces chlorine and caustic soda, hydrochloric acid, hydrogen, bleach products and potassium hydroxide. Chemical Distribution manufactures bleach products and distributes caustic soda, bleach products, potassium hydroxide and hydrochloric acid. Winchester, with its principal manufacturing facilities in East Alton, IL, and Oxford, MS, produces and distributes sporting ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components, and industrial cartridges. Olin Corporation’s Winchester Division has a Consumer Marketing Specialist opportunity at its East Alton, IL facility.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (Not all inclusive):
- Evaluate potential investments/partnerships with media properties, and competitive advertising strategies. Provide content and product details to support brand messaging.
- Work with internal staff and external partners to develop content plans for online properties. Maintain consistent, relevant content that can be properly used to promote the brand, specifically ammunition products.
- Involvement in brand creative development including print/digital ads, catalogs, TV/new product scripts, speeches and general editorial needs for marketing related projects.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with key conservation and hunter education groups and assist in developing joint promotions at the marketing and retail levels.
- Represent company at various consumer/trade events as required. Plan and support event promotions and highly visible industry partnerships.
- Manage appropriate marketing budgets and reports on qualitative and quantitative results on a quarterly basis.
- Daily communication with consumers, customers, and external industry individuals as a source of information to identify opportunities and manage ammunition orders respectively.
- Assist in development of promotions and advertising strategy for existing and new commercial product lines.
- Review ammunition catalogs, advertisements and collateral materials for proper factual information.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (Not all Inclusive):
- B.S. degree in a business related field required. Marketing or Communications degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years consumer marketing experience required.
- Hunting/shooting and ammunition product knowledge preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational, prioritization, written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Broad knowledge of multimedia strategies.
- Strong inter-personal/communication skills, experience in negotiations, facilitating and developing partnerships.
- Experience managing and directing outside agencies.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively deliver data and presentations.
- Solid and demonstrated project management skills including event scheduling and contract execution.
If you are interested in working for an outstanding company with competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, please complete an online application at www.olin.com.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Logo courtesy Winchester Ammunition