Crimson Trace: Answers to FAQs
(Wilsonville, OR)—Crimson Trace frequently receives questions from gun owners about laser sights for home or self-defense applications. Gun owners across America know Crimson Trace laser sights offer many benefits, including: helping to improve accuracy, increasing the shooter’s ability to engage targets in low-light conditions, and providing the confidence in knowing they have an advantage in any situation. Here are some of the many Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Are lasers easy to operate? Virtually all Crimson Trace lasers have Instinctive Activation® (a system Crimson Trace patented and is widely held as the preferred solution). When a firearm with a Crimson Trace Instinctive Activation system is held normally, the fingers fall upon an activation pad and the laser activates—naturally and without thought or additional actions. In fact, more than 95% of Crimson Trace products have this desired feature, including all Lasergrips®, Laserguard® and Lightguard® offerings. Any laser sight should be easy to operate and activate, even in the dark, so purchase wisely. No special holsters are required, or buttons must be pressed, to activate Crimson Trace laser sights with Instinctive Activation.
- Are laser sights dependable? Crimson Trace laser sights are designed to provide many hours of carefree operation on a set of small standard batteries. Under normal usage, most laser systems will provide the user multiple years of usage before a battery change is needed. Additionally, Crimson Trace also offers an industry leading Free Batteries for Life program to help customers keep their units shining brightly.
- Are laser sights difficult to install? Crimson Trace laser sights are designed to precisely fit onto pistol and revolver frames, and to securely fit onto handgun trigger guards to provide a from-the-factory appearance. Most installations can be completed in mere minutes by the user with no extra gunsmithing required.
- Can I buy a handgun with laser sights pre-installed? Yes, Crimson Trace is the exclusive on-board laser sighting system with 16 leading firearms manufacturers. Crimson Trace laser sights are available as pre-installed, STANDARD EQUIPMENT on many Kimber, Ruger, and Smith & Wesson handguns—plus those from other manufacturers. In some cases, the laser sights are specially made for the manufacturer and that specific firearm.
- Should I buy a green laser sight? The human eye has evolved to see the color green quicker and easier than any other color in the light spectrum. This is why a green laser appears brighter than a red light in ambient light conditions. Both red and green laser sights are very effective in low-light conditions. Because of the technology required to power green laser systems, red laser sights are more affordable and often operate longer periods on a set of batteries.
For more than two decades, Crimson Trace has provided America’s gun owners with the industry’s largest selection of award-winning laser sight and light products. The company is America’s foremost leader in establishing laser sighting systems as standard equipment on concealed-carry and personal defense firearms. All Crimson Trace products are Proudly American. Full details are at www.crimsontrace.com or available by calling 800-442-2406.