Can-Am Outlander 1000/800R XT ATV
Agnieszka Spieszny 09.22.11
One of the most fun rides at BRP’s Ultimate Playground in Detroit (which continues this weekend, September 22nd through the 25th) was the Can-Am Outlander XT ATV. Myself and other press members took our ATV or side-by-side vehicle of our choice out on the course Can-Am had prepared. Buggying over dirt ramps and dirt-covered logs simulated the un-touched wooded trails these ATVs were made to confront.
The Outlander took each bump and twist smoothly, balancing itself out so that it wouldn’t tip over. This is definitely a ride meant for the extreme trail explorer.
- Tri-mode Dynamic Power Steering (DPS)
- Visco-Lok auto-locking front differential
- 3,000 lb Warn winch
- 71-hp Rotax 800R/1000R, V-twin, liquid cooled, SOHC, 8-valve(4-valve/cyl)
- New SST G2 frame
- Torsional Trailing arm Independent rear suspension (TTI)
- 5.7 US gal (21.4L) water-resistant storage box
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with engine braking
- Anti-theft system