Lucky Duck Pro Series Super Lucky Mallard Drake Combo
Dr. David Vaught 09.25.13
If you are a fan of flasher motion decoys but have never experienced the benefits of a fully-flocked decoy with a remote control and variable speed, you are missing out on some huge features that are designed to increase your chances of having a successful hunt. Lucky Duck decoys has upped the ante on motion decoys with the Pro Series Super Lucky Duck. I have previously reviewed the Lucky Junior here on OutdoorHub and now follow up with the Pro Series Super Lucky Mallard Drake Combo endorsed by Willie Robertson of Duck Commander.
- Full-size and fully-flocked: great coloration, realism and no glare
- A factory-installed remote with a 300-foot range and an on/off toggle setting and programmable intermittent timer function
- Variable speed control for changing wing presentation in heavily-used areas and with well-educated birds
- Large, efficient, and durable motor
- Six-volt rechargeable dry cell battery with smart charger
- Carry bag/backpack that also secures wings, battery, charger, and stake
- New round 42-inch three-piece stake
- Stainless steel motor shafts
- Huge High Impact 13-inch aerodynamic wings with heavy-duty unbendable aluminum shaft
- Exceptional thumb screw depth for securing thumb screws between uses
- Extra elastic band for securing lid or battery
- Exceptional eight- to 12-hour run times (or longer)
There are several notable changes in the Pro Series but the most obvious are the huge plastic wings. These aerodynamic wings are a benefit to battery life and really help the deke move through head winds more efficiently. They are bright and strobe extremely well. But the really cool feature in the Pro Series is the variable speed feature. There are those days when you want to try something different, and the variable speed feature gives you a unique motion option in your spread.
Flocking is another feature that adds a remarkable element to the deceptiveness of the decoy. It is applied with care and the realism presented in the softer no-glare look is outstanding for all types of weather. The application is heavy and is not going to rub off easily. This is a well-done rendition of a real duck with magnificent green coloration to the head with soft dark shadowing.
The Pro Series also includes a remote control that has many features. Where this remote shines is in giving the hunter the ability to shut down flashing decoys when necessary and finishing the birds over flapping decoys or motionless dekes. With additional receivers in your Lucky Duck products (all are remote-ready), you can turn on and off several decoys at a time.
The Pro Series Super Lucky Mallard is as durable as possible, and built to take the punishment of everyday use and harsh waterfowl hunting conditions. The bag will provide many years of service and will safely store your Super Lucky Duck so nothing gets left behind. Space is provided for batteries and additional wing protection. Take a good look and I believe you will agree this great motion decoy has to be a part of your 2013-2014 hunting season decoy kit.