Hunting pronghorn antelope is very popular among hunters and can also be a challenge. When hunting antelope where are a few tips that you can follow to make your experience even better.
- When possible use a decoy to get other pronghorn antelope to the same area. This is a good way for them to come to you and save you from a great deal of hiking.
- Hunt with a partner. It is much easier to see this big game if you have more than a single pair of eyes looking for it.
- Hiking of some kind is normally involved with most trips or hunts and you will need a good pair of boots, not only for the long walk, but for warmth if the temperature is low
- Never forget water. It is the best liquid to take and is the most missed if not in your supplies.
- Don’t get in a hurry when taking a shot. Take a breath and slowly squeeze the trigger.
- Make sure the scope on your rifle is sighted in well. You may have to take a long distance shot and you don’t want to miss.
- Having a compass to find your way around is a must because you will most likely be in a very open area, or in a wilderness area of some kind when pronghorn antelope hunting.
- Dress for the area you’re in. It is easier to take off a layer of cloths then to wish you could put a layer on that you didn’t bring with you.