ACCOKEEK, MD September 2, 2011- This week Benelli On Assignment (BOA) host, Joe Coogan and Benelli USA VP of Marketing and Communications, Stephen McKelvain take on the challenge of finding big Rio Grande “long beards.” They travel to the South Texas brush county of Sarco Creek Ranch, near the historic town of Goliad, Texas.
Joining Coogan and McKelvain on this “run & gun” style hunt is NWTF’s Turkey Country editor, Karen Lee and SHE Outdoor Apparel owner, Pam Zaitz. Completing this group of experienced turkey hunters is Hazel Creek Taxidermist and expert turkey hunter, Cally Morris. Watch as the hunters zero in on multiple gobblers with Benelli’s brand new Super Vinci shotgun. Tension builds and turkey tempers flare when the birds come to the call and approach the authentic Hazel Creek mounted decoys with intention of inflicting pain and injury on the hapless real-life forms.
Now in its fifth season, BOA teams host, Joe Coogan with nationally recognized writers and photographers from top outdoor publications to field test and showcase Benelli USA products at top hunting spots around the world. BOA presents the very finest in hunting adventure.
Tune in to Outdoor Channel to see BOA airing Mondays at 8 am (EST) and 1:30 pm and repeated on Saturdays at 11:30 am (EST). Below are listed show titles and guests appearing on this season’s BOA TV show.
2011 Show Line Up:
- Texas Turkey #1 – Karen Lee, Editor (Turkey Country)
- Texas Whitetail at Greystone Castle #3 – Joseph Von Benedikt, Editor (Shooting Times)
- Texas Turkey #2 – Becky Lou Lacock, Outdoor Writer (Game & Fish Magazine)
- Montana Mule Deer – Greg Thomas, Field Editor (Big Sky Journal)
- Botswana Lechwe/Eland/Zebra – Mark Keefe, Editor (American Rifleman)
- Texas Whitetail at Greystone Castle #1 – Clay Chandler, Guest (Sporting Classics)
- Texas Whitetail at Greystone Castle #2 – Matt Coffey, Managing Editor (Sporting Classics)
- Botswana Impala/Wildebeest/Gemsbok – Mark Keefe, Editor (American Rifleman), Bob Williams, Outdoor Writer (Petersen’s Hunting)
- New Mexico Pronghorn – J. Guthrie, Field Editor (Petersen’s Hunting Magazine)
- Texas Whitetail at Stasney’s Cook Ranch – Jim Wilson, Senior Field Editor (American Hunter)