New Berlin, WI September 13, 2011 – With bowhunting activity reaching fever pitch across the nation, Sportsman Channel, the leader in outdoor TV for the American Sportsman, is proud to honor the rich heritage of the sport with three action-packed nights of bowhunting programming, beginning September 14, with Cabela’s “Bownanza.” Sportsman Channel offers more bowhunting programming than any other network on television, spearheaded by market-leading shows like Heartland Bowhunter, Major League Bowhunter, Territories Wild, Easton Bowhunting, Bowhunter TV and Muzzy Bad to the Bone Bowhunting.
“Bowhunting is one of the most popular genres on our network right now and we are proud to offer this many shows dedicated to the pursuit of large and small game with just a bow and arrow,” said Gavin Harvey, CEO of Sportsman Channel. “The network will continue to deliver superior programming, from the top hosts, about this exciting genre, season after season. It’s just one of the reasons why we are the ultimate destination for the American sportsman.”
“Bownanza” kicks off on September 14, during Big Game Wednesdays presented by Wildgame Innovations. Five series will showcase their best bowhunting episodes, punctuated by a brand-new episode of The Zone at 9:30 pm EST. The special programming continues on September 15, as the stick and string takes over seven episodes of Thursday Traditions presented by The Sportsman’s Guide, with Hunting University (7:30 pm EST) and Savage Outdoors (8:30 pm EST) debuting premiere episodes. Additionally, viewers can chat LIVE with Randy Newberg, host of On Your Own Adventures, at 9 pm ET on Sportsman’s Facebook page. Simply go to http://facebook.com/sportsmanchannel and click on the “Bownanza” tab.
All that is but a precursor to Full Draw Fridays on September 16. Already the home of the best bowhunting lineup on television, this week’s slate includes brand-new episodes from seven top series like Bowhunter TV, Muzzy Bad to the Bone, Heartland Bowhunter and Strickland’s Archery Adventures.
“Bownanza” Special Programming:
Wednesday, September 14
- Tim Roller’s Wild Addiction – 7:00 pm
- Life at Table Mountain – 7:30 pm
- Whitetail Properties – 8 pm
- The Zone – 9:30 pm – NEW EPISODE!
- Back Country Quest – 10:30 pm
Thursday, September 15
- Mike Avery’s Outdoor Magazine – 7 pm
- Hunting University – 7:30 pm – NEW EPISODE!
- Brotherhood Outdoors – 8 pm
- Savage Outdoors – 8:30 pm – NEW EPISODE!
- On Your Own Adventures – 9 pm – CHAT LIVE WITH RANDY ON FACEBOOK!
- Major League Bowhunter – 9:30 pm
- Territories Wild – 10:30 pm
Friday, September 16
- Red Arrow – 7pm – NEW EPISODE!
- Strickland’s Archery Adventures – 7:30 pm – NEW EPISODE!
- Muzzy Bad to the Bone – 8 pm – NEW EPISODE!
- Heartland Bowhunter – 8:30 pm – NEW EPISODE!
- Excalibur’s Huntin’ the Backwoods – 9 pm – NEW EPISODE!
- Maximum World Archery Tour – 9:30 pm – NEW EPISODE!
- Bowhunter TV – 10 pm – NEW EPISODE!
- Easton Bowhunting – 10:30 pm
Launched in 2003, Sportsman Channel is the only television and digital media company fully devoted to the more than 82 million sportsmen in the United States, delivering entertaining and educational programming focused exclusively on hunting, shooting and fishing activities. Sportsman Channel is now available in HD, check with your local cable or satellite provider. Acquired by InterMedia Outdoors Holdings in 2006, Sportsman Channel reaches 27 million U.S. television households and is a part of the nation’s largest multimedia company targeted exclusively to serving the information and entertainment needs of outdoors enthusiasts. Visit www.thesportsmanchannel.com, follow on Twitter, @SPORTSMANchnl (www.twitter.com/SPORTSMANchnl), become a Fan on Facebook, www.facebook.com/sportsmanchannel and download Sportsman App at www.itunes.com/appstore