Boater Joe Brantley of Willard, Mo., caught 10 bass weighing 34 pounds, 1 ounce in the Sept. 10-11 Walmart BFL Ozark Division tournament on Lake of the Ozarks to win $4,943 plus a $1,000 Mercury bonus. Brantley was using a jig and buzzbaits up the river to catch his limit.
The remaining top 10 anglers:
- 2nd: Dirk Sluyter, Russellville, Mo., 10 bass, 32-9, $2,471
- 3rd: Andre Dickneite, Freeburg, Mo., 10 bass, 30-0, $1,648
- 4th: Jason Weast, Macks Creek, Mo., 10 bass, 29-15, $1,153
- 5th: Jeff Hoots, Affton, Mo., 10 bass, 28-15, $989
- 6th: Mike Malone, Lake Ozark, Mo., 10 bass, 28-12, $906
- 7th: Kevin Crady, Desoto, Mo., 10 bass, 27-13, $824
- 8th: Joe Bennett, Independence, Mo., 10 bass, 27-10, $741
- 9th: Josh Busby, Rogersville, Mo., 10 bass, 27-0, $659
- 10th: James Dill, Laurie, Mo., 10 bass, 26-11, $577 + $1,000 Evinrude bonus
Dan Martin of Creve Coeur, Mo., caught seven bass weighing 20 pounds, 15 ounces in the Sept. 10-11 event to win $2,471 in the Co-angler Division. Martin was fishing in the dam area and using a Texas Rig and finesse worm.
The remaining top 10 co-anglers:
- 2nd: Ron Sims, Springfield, Mo., eight bass, 20-3, $1,236
- 3rd: Todd Longfellow, St. Louis, Mo., nine bass, 20-2, $822
- 4th: Derek Felton, Republic, Mo., nine bass, 18-11, $577
- 5th: Scott Danek, Sunrise Beach, Mo., seven bass, 18-7, $494
- 6th: Jesse Cruz, Bentonville, Ark., seven bass, 17-12, $453
- 7th: Blasé Frick, St. Louis, Mo., eight bass, 16-14, $412
- 8th: Tony Burnham, Lincoln, Neb., seven bass, 16-7, $371
- 9th: John Parsons, Desoto, Mo., seven bass, 16-4, $330
- 10th: Eugene Robinett, Springfield, Mo., six bass, 14-1, $288
The top 40 boaters and 40 co-anglers based on point standings will qualify for the Nov. 3-5 Regional Championship on Lake Dardanelle in Russellville, Ark. Boaters will compete for a top award of a Ranger 198VX with a 200-horsepower Evinrude or Mercury outboard and a Chevy pick-up, while co-anglers will fish for a new Ranger 198VX.
For regular updates, photos, tournament news and more, follow the BFL on Facebook at Facebook.com/BassFishingLeague. For news surrounding FLW Outdoors on Facebook, follow Facebook.com/FLWFishing and on Twitter at Twitter.com/FLWOutdoors.